Big enhancements to the calendar system have been made over the past couple of weeks! Here's what's been done:
In-Line Sign-Up Admin
: Associate-level and higher members of your site are now able to submit events for approval by events admins. When they view the calendar, they have a new button in the top right-hand corner:
When they submit the event, event admins are notified via web mail. When they go to the calendar, if there are any submissions pending, they see the following:
Clicking the button shows them the details of the event, and gives them the option to Approve, Approve and Edit, or Reject the submission.
Simplified Sign-Up: Signing up to an event no longer requires multiple steps. Members can now sign up directly while viewing the event:
: Like the sign-ups, administrating status and role of sign-ups by event admins has been simplified to a couple of drop-down boxes that appear in-line while viewing the event:
Enter Loot Drops from the Event
: Entering drops for an event used to require several steps. Now, it's right there in the event view and much more efficient:
Enter / select the item that dropped. If you start typing the name of the item, a drop-down appears with matching items that have dropped for your guild previously. You can then use your arrow keys or mouse to select any match, or just type in the name of the item if it's something that hasn't dropped before:
Selection of the person who received the item works in the same way. You begin typing, and a list appears with matches:
Here's a partial list of the rest of what's been done over the past couple weeks:
- New topics default to "subscribed."
- E-mail notification is sent out when you receive web-based mail.
- Users can delete their own posts unless the admin disallows it by clicking Edit under their forums, Options, and then checking "Disallow users from deleting their own posts."
- Ventrilo server status was fixed.
- The calendar now lets you choose between Monday or Sunday as the first day of the week (click Edit under the calendar, go to Display Options, and select the day from the "First Day of Week").
- Fixed duplicate characters appearing on the default roster.
- Added two new widgets: Rift Addons: Hottest and Rift Addons: Newest.
- Event categories now support a background image, which appears on the large calendar display. To configure event categories, click Edit under your calendar, and then Event Categories.
- Multiple events may now be deleted at once from the calendar editor by checking the boxes and clicking "Delete Selected."
- The EverQuest 2 auto-roster has been fixed.
- The forum icon legend now shows if you have custom forum icons, but can be disabled by clicking Edit under your forums, clicking Options, and checking the "Disable forum/topic icon legends" box.
- Selected character fields now show up in event sign-ups.
- An asterisk is displayed next to events that you have signed up for in the main calendar view.
- If there are applicants awaiting approval, the member admin link flashes.
- Many Web Fonts have been added and can be selected for your widget titles and widget body areas by going to the Control Panel > Style Tools > Content Boxes (Widgets). Not all of the fonts work with Internet Explorer.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes. =)