Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
Events    
Hobnanigans
Aug 7, 14 7:00 PM EST
Lootbox Weekend
Aug 14, 14 7:00 PM EST
Buried Treasure!
Aug 21, 14 7:00 PM EST
100% Bonus Exp
Aug 26, 14 7:00 PM EST
Farmer's Faire
Sep 1, 14 7:00 PM EST
There are 9 upcoming events, with 5 shown.
RSS
Member Profile    

Darkamor
Vote now!    
There are currently no polls.
LOTRO News    
Forums    
Forums : General Discussion > A World Cup Thingy Thread.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9Next
Amhaglos (Applicant) 6/8/2010 5:49 AM EST : A World Cup Thingy Thread.
Amhaglos
Posts: 1032

There seems to be a Major Sporting Event (Tm) starting this week, so I thought a wee thread concerning said event was appropriate...

Feel the need to gloat about France losing 1-0 to Uruguay?
How many French players will be kicked to death by the Uruguayans?

Should we just hand the trophy to Engerland because they all know it's a foregone conclusion, and anyone who gets in the way is just being a party pooper?
How soon into the 1st game will the England manager/ team be described as "soggy pasta" and all the tabloids scream for his head?

How bad will the Germans look in every game right up to the point they win the damn thing again?
How far away will the scream of 60 million Englishfolk be heard, if Germany DO win? Croatia? Khazakstan? Ponepei?

Will Maradonna be the 1st manager to be sent home for failing a dope (both kinds....) test?
How many players will join him?

Which team will surprise everyone and not only get out of the group stages but reach the quarter finals?

Keep it clean, almost polite and humourous please
TopBottom

Caryth (SuperAdmin) 6/8/2010 6:05 AM EST : RE: A World Cup Thingy Thread.
Officer
Caryth
Posts: 3844

Ahh yes, the sport where grown men constantly fall over on their own and cry pitifully over nothing. We could take bets on how many players on each side will be practicing their theatre lessons.

Since Finland isn't participating (hah), my sympathies are usually with the African teams. It would be nice to see one of them finally do really well.

Characters: Feor (champion)
TopBottom

Amhaglos (Applicant) 6/8/2010 6:17 AM EST : RE: A World Cup Thingy Thread.
Amhaglos
Posts: 1032

Caryth said:
Ahh yes, the sport where grown men constantly fall over on their own and cry pitifully over nothing. We could take bets on how many players on each side will be practicing their theatre lessons.

Since Finland isn't participating (hah), my sympathies are usually with the African teams. It would be nice to see one of them finally do really well.


Yeah, If I was directing a movie with battle scenes, I'd hire a dozen professional footballers to do the motion capture for combat injuries. No-one does "Oh My God.. I'm hit! I'm hit!.." like a soccer player.
TopBottom

Hrethmund (Member) 6/8/2010 6:58 AM EST : RE: A World Cup Thingy Thread.

Hrethmund
Posts: 3388

Amhaglos said:

How far away will the scream of 60 million Englishfolk be heard, if Germany DO win? Croatia? Khazakstan? Ponepei?




Germans winning again is enough to drive the Scots, Welsh and Irish to become English?

TopBottom

Sauronsbeagle (Member) 6/8/2010 7:12 AM EST : RE: A World Cup Thingy Thread.
Sauronsbeagle
Posts: 4619

Hrethmund said:
Germans winning again is enough to drive the Scots, Welsh and Irish to become English?


Not at all! We don't cling to that anti-German sentiment the way a lot of the English do. We have the English to fulfil the German role.

TopBottom

Amhaglos (Applicant) 6/8/2010 7:16 AM EST : RE: A World Cup Thingy Thread.
Amhaglos
Posts: 1032

Hrethmund said:
Amhaglos said:

How far away will the scream of 60 million Englishfolk be heard, if Germany DO win? Croatia? Khazakstan? Ponepei?




Germans winning again is enough to drive the Scots, Welsh and Irish to become English?


Maybe drive us to become German
TopBottom

IDunedain (Member) 6/8/2010 7:30 AM EST : RE: A World Cup Thingy Thread.
IDunedain
Posts: 2804

Sauronsbeagle said:
Any excuse for a poll.


You.... must... be.... kidding... me! Where is France in that list? Where, where?



TopBottom

Sauronsbeagle (Member) 6/8/2010 7:35 AM EST : RE: A World Cup Thingy Thread.
Sauronsbeagle
Posts: 4619

See, I knew this would happen! It was a choice between France and Portugal for the 8th spot, and I chose the team without the comedy coach.

TopBottom

Berath (Officer) 6/8/2010 2:11 PM EST : RE: A World Cup Thingy Thread.
Officer
Berath
Posts: 5309

Since China isn't playing I think I will go ahead, fail the Tebbit Test and support Ghana (I think they are coming along).

It would be nice if England won but Spain is nice. And Turkey. And Italy. Japan good too.

(I had a lovely time when Brazil won. Loads of Brazilians flowed onto the streets of Central London and we all samba'd down Tottenham Court Road and into Trafalgar Square to celebrate)
Berathiela - elven hunter (level 65)
Teon - human minstrel (level 65)
Lhach - elven guardian (level 71)
Clarinal - human captain (level 30)
Agapanthus - hobbit burglar (level 11)

and Gragrak - monster (rank 4)..grrrr
TopBottom

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9Next
Members Online    
There are   members online.
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%