Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
Forums
Forums : General Discussion > Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement
imaj007 (Member) 11/22/2010 4:32 PM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement
Zogaling

imaj007
Posts: 64
0
Like
0
Dislike

I plan on getting on as soon as I get home from Walmart and start the DL hecticness.  Hope to be logged in by 1am central  /crosses fingers
I took tues-friday off of work

Characters: Zoga Zogaling
TopBottom

Garithras (Member) 11/22/2010 7:45 PM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement

Garithras
Posts: 56
0
Like
0
Dislike

There's an easy way to preload all the data you'll need to play Cataclysm the moment it goes live on midnight Dec. 7. Just follow these easy steps:
  1. Make sure World of Warcraft and/or the launcher and background downloader are completely closed. 
  2. Open up your World of Warcraft folder. 
  3. Open Launcher.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT. 
  4. Open Config.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT.
Now load up the launcher and you should begin downloading 700 megs or so of new material. That's the last bit of data you need to play on launch night. Enjoy!

Source: wowinsider, blue

Characters: Garithras Kenal
TopBottom

jakalas (SuperAdmin) 11/22/2010 8:12 PM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement
Pink Dress
jakalas
Posts: 752
0
Like
0
Dislike

Garithras said:
There's an easy way to preload all the data you'll need to play Cataclysm the moment it goes live on midnight Dec. 7. Just follow these easy steps:
  1. Make sure World of Warcraft and/or the launcher and background downloader are completely closed. 
  2. Open up your World of Warcraft folder. 
  3. Open Launcher.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT. 
  4. Open Config.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT.
Now load up the launcher and you should begin downloading 700 megs or so of new material. That's the last bit of data you need to play on launch night. Enjoy!

Source: wowinsider, blue


Just came from Facebook and instinctively went to "like" this post.  /sigh

I had seen this as well.  It's what I planned on doing since I won't be home until Tuesday night.

Characters: Udontknowjak Idonttankjak
TopBottom

Xanocrates (SuperAdmin) 11/22/2010 8:52 PM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement
Stealthkitty

Xanocrates
Posts: 856
0
Like
0
Dislike

jakalas said:
My plan will be similar to what I did in Wrath.  I'll dualbox warrior/shaman to 85 and then probably work on warrior for a bit.


I feel like you forgot the part where you're leveling me to 85. >.>

Characters: Xanocrates Stealthkitty Metuant Sicarious Mandisa Minikitty
TopBottom

Xanocrates (SuperAdmin) 11/22/2010 8:56 PM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement
Stealthkitty

Xanocrates
Posts: 856
0
Like
0
Dislike

Eriel-Durotan said:
Who is planning to play most if not all of the night on tuesday morning after servers open up? 

I plan on leveling my DK up to 85 most likely doing dungens till 82-83ish.


If no one carries me to 85, I'm going to discovery the dungeon entrances, then LFD to 85 as tank/healer. I'll be my OWN healbot, jerks!

Characters: Xanocrates Stealthkitty Metuant Sicarious Mandisa Minikitty
TopBottom

Eriel-Durotan (Member) 11/23/2010 8:24 AM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement

Eriel-Durotan
Posts: 87
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xanocrates said:
Eriel-Durotan said:
Who is planning to play most if not all of the night on tuesday morning after servers open up? 

I plan on leveling my DK up to 85 most likely doing dungens till 82-83ish.


If no one carries me to 85, I'm going to discovery the dungeon entrances, then LFD to 85 as tank/healer. I'll be my OWN healbot, jerks!



I do need a healer for running instances over and over again and while im thinking of it two more dps and then it will make it easier than picking up random people.


edit: the reason why i'm going to run instances till I hit 82 is because I dont like dealing with mob that will be the starting zones.  Hopefully If I can get a good 5 man group we should be able to hit 82 before most of that mob so we can get into deepholm and quest there without much hassle.
Characters: Eriel Prophecies Tylerdurdan Emergancy
TopBottom

Garithras (Member) 11/26/2010 9:56 AM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement

Garithras
Posts: 56
0
Like
0
Dislike

Since you need to discover instances before you can queue for them now, someone made handy images to help you know how to find the new instances.

Characters: Garithras Kenal
TopBottom

jakalas (SuperAdmin) 11/27/2010 10:48 PM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement
Pink Dress
jakalas
Posts: 752
0
Like
0
Dislike

Garithras said:
Since you need to discover instances before you can queue for them now, someone made handy images to help you know how to find the new instances.


Without this, Jesse would have been wandering around completely lost for the first day running away from all the mobs.  Way to spoil all the fun. 

Characters: Udontknowjak Idonttankjak
TopBottom

Ikarii272 (Member) 11/28/2010 1:50 AM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement
Angry Dorf
Ikarii272
Posts: 369
0
Like
0
Dislike

jakalas said:
Garithras said:
Since you need to discover instances before you can queue for them now, someone made handy images to help you know how to find the new instances.


Without this, Jesse would have been wandering around completely lost for the first day running away from all the mobs.  Way to spoil all the fun. 


Are you implying he won't STILL do that?

He's a beast of habit like the rest of us, after all!


Yuuzu - 85 Enhancement Shaman
Soulu - 85 Arms Warrior
Revii - 85 Blood Death Knight
Karina - 85 Protection Paladin
The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda
Characters: Ikarii Karina Revii Yuuzutoo Izaya Soulu Yuuzu
TopBottom

Eriel-Durotan (Member) 11/30/2010 8:01 AM EST : RE: Cataclysm Plans, Guild Advancement

Eriel-Durotan
Posts: 87
0
Like
0
Dislike

Since my plan to run 5 mans till 82 looks unpromising. ie lack of willingness to participate where is everyone starting at?
Characters: Eriel Prophecies Tylerdurdan Emergancy
TopBottom

Who's Online
There are   members online.
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%