New Member Checklist - Things to know in becoming a member
- If you haven't done so already, then take a review of the RoE to make sure you get a good sense of how we operate and if you have questions, you bring them to your sponsor
- While the Inks provide a lot of resources and members to accomplish quest/raid needs, you may want to PUG for pleasure. If this is the case, please be mindful that whether you are a recruit or a member, you represent the Inklings.
- The Inks RoE follows you. If you initiate a PUG, you must use Inks RoE, which includes KP, loot rules, etc. If you attend a PUG organized by another person, you cannot enforce our RoE, but you still need to maintain proper conduct
- will let you know which target that you should be on.
- Please post a SHOUT on the Roster page about what radiance each of your characters have. You cannot earn KP for Instance runs where Radiance barter items drops to until you post your radiance, and you must have your radiance pieces to earn KP on corresponding instance runs.
- The kin house has lots of resources for members/recruits. You can see what is in the vault by visiting the BANK section on the website. You can make requests by clicking request next to the item you want (just be sure there are units listed for it). An officer will get the request and will send you the item.
- Be sure to sign up for 3 events
- Make sure all of your Alts in the kin
- Get acquainted with each of your class's training hall goals.
- Earn medals by completing the medal requirements
- If you would like to be a part of the team that helps craft items for the team and earn KP, then use your character settings on the website to add your name to the list and contact the Craft Lead to understand how the process works, and how to fulfill orders (adding comments etc)
- Learn how to post a craft need if you need one.
- Understand how to sign-up for an event
- Understand how a RAID is formed and what the rules are on who can sign-up and how it is determined who attends.
- will let you know which target that you should be on.
To show the raid assist panel: From the social panel click on the raid tab. At the bottom of the tab click on the show assist panel.
You will usually be assisting the main tank and burning down his target. There are also times that the main tank will be going for the main boss and the off-tank will be on the adds. In this situation the off-tank will also be on your assist panel and you can then just click on his target when instructed.
- will let you see who your target is targeting
To show this: From the options panel, click on combat options. Click on “show the vitals of your selections target“.
This will help you to know if you are pulling agro of the main tank and let you know what mob is hitting the minstrel to help pull the agro off of them.
AOE - Area of Effect
- there are skills that each class has that will do damage to more that one target. This is something that you will only use when we don’t have a stun or root on the surrounding targets. The stun and root are for our crowd control. If we his these targets then we no longer have crowd control and will probably wipe. It is important that you know what skills are AOE so that you do not use them to interrupt crowd control skills.
- also know as conjunctions. These are important for extra damage, health and power for our fellowship. It is important that you are aware of what you will contribute to these.
Basic fellowship: there will be five of us that hit the red or yellow for damage and the minstrel or lore master will finish the conjunction with blue for power, green for health or red/yellow for added damage.
You must be able to contribute to the maneuver in a timely manner to have a successful conjunction.
If we are needing health the leader of the fellowship will call out for all greens, and for all blues if we need power.
If you need to cancel your contribution to change to the correct color, just jump to cancel and then you can hit the correct color.
If you are on a target other than the one that has a conjunction, click on the red/white target circle to get on the correct target.
To set a conjunction for a fellowship that you are leading, open up your character panel and click on your skills tab. There will be a fellowship tab at the bottom of this panel. Click on that fellowship tab to view the conjunctions that you have successfully completed.
- you are able to move your UI around so that you are able to see things properly and have things placed in a more convenient place.
CTL + \ will bring up the option to move these panels around.
This will help for loot rolling while in combat as well as having the conjunctions placed in a more convenient place on the screen as to click on the correct color in a timely manner.
- Allowing the main tank to have the threat and take the damage.
It is important to not pull threat off of the main tank. This will make everyone’s job harder. The minstrel will have to heal more, the tank will have to waste his skills to pull threat and compete w/ others for threat.
Make sure you are using your threat reductions skills to help manage your threat when the situation calls for it.
- Have the correct traits slotted for the particular situation. Make sure that you know your role in the fellowship and have the correct traits slotted accordingly. If you have any questions please ask your fellowship leader what the expect of you. You will have to continually re-slot your traits for different events.
The Inklings Channel
- associate chat channel. Use this channel as a resource for fellowing w/ associates.
KP - Kin Points
- Earned for running fellowships. These points are used to bid on valuable loot. The person that wins the loot will put in a request for KP on the website for all members of their fellowship. Refer to the website for information on the KP earned for each instance. Kin associates will also earn for their contribution to the fellowship.
- Refer to the website to know what loot drops for an instance. At the beginning of the run you will declare the item you wish to acquire. You can also bid kp on the item that you declare.
- If you sign up for a group, make sure to allow time before hand to prepare for the run. You have to make sure that you have pots/potions and food with you before you go. You will also need to make sure that you have the appropriate traits slotted before hand. This will help us get the group started on time.
The pots/potions that you will need to have are…
Athelas - green morale pots (20)
Celebrant - blue power pots (20)
Healing - red wound pots (20)
Conhuith - purple fear pots (20)
Edhelharn - hope tokens (5)
Cooked Food - morale/power regenerating food (10)
It is also help for your fellowship to have Trail/Fortifying Food for added buffs as well as battle scrolls, poison, and disease pots.
Make sure that you have your bags cleaned out so that you have room for loot that you would like to acquire.
- Large loot chests will only be looted by the fellowship leader. The leader will have the loot rule changed to Round Robin with Master Looter and assign the loot to the appropriate members. Class specific loot will only go to that specific class. If there is not a member of the fellowship for a class specific item, you may roll/bid for your alt only if they are within five levels of that loot item.
For loot items that can be used by more than one member of the fellowship, you will first have the option to bid KP. If nobody bids KP the item is then up for roll. To roll for an item type /roll in the chat. The highest roll wins the loot. For multiple loot items, i.e. runes and settings, the loot will be given out from highest to lowest.
Certain items can be rolled on for cosmetic purposes only. To view the item in your dressing room UI, CTL + left mouse click on the item.
- it is imperative that you have ventrillo downloaded for fellowship chat. A microphone is not necessary but it is necessary that you can listen to your fellowship leader.
Download is free and easy from the ventrillo website. Please make sure to download the version for your operating system.
Host Name: theinklings.guildvent.net
Password: Recently changed. Ask an officer and we'll share the password.
The default hot key for talk is left CTL.
To join a fellowship chat room double click on the name of the room you would like to join.
To adjust volume right click on the name and select miscellaneous, and then select special effects. Add volume and adjust properties.
To adjust the volume for everyone use the compressor in your settings. To do this check out the kin website for more information.
- Away from keyboard. Is needed at times for a bio break or to get a drink. Please make sure that you let your fellowship leader know if you need to take a quick break at a convenient down time. Once you return let your leader know that you are back so that we can continue the event in a timely manner.