Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
Top Mods!
Wowhead Search
by sonofsamedi
Digital Clock
by Wolfar15
Admin Forums
Welcome to the GuildPortal Help Community! These forums are for admin-to-admin help.
Available Forums
Forums : Feature Discussion > WoW Armory Integration
Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 8/15/2007 7:54 AM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

Brakkish Hammerfist said:
Nothing against WoW at all.  But yeah call me "jealous", we need more content for the new games.  Such as LOTRO. 

Everywhere I look, I can find WoW features, cmon throw us LOTRO guys a bone.


We'd absolutely love to!  Just hit up Turbine to release guild data over the web via XML (heck, I don't care, they can use comma-delimited text if they want) and we'll write integration code for it.

It's something we've hit on game developers in the past when we went to the E3 "conventions", but their reply has always been "eh?  I can't hear you!" because of how insanely loud all of the displays are there, or "uh, yeah we'll think about that."

A show of force from LOTRO players on the Turbine forums might do the trick.
Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 8/15/2007 7:58 AM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

Amalaura said:
I enabled this but I don't see it on our Rostoer page at all. It found our guild and everything fine though....just isn't showing up on our actual roster page.


Hiya!

Looks like you still had the old, regular, non-addon roster as the content type on your page.  I replaced it with the new one, set the guild name, enabled integration, and it looks like you're good to go. 
Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 8/15/2007 8:04 AM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

Enniewan said:

I did that and the result is zilch. Where can I find that search button then?


Turns out it was a problem on our side.  We didn't have the server appropriately marked as European, so it was looking at the US Armory for the info.  I fixed the name and checked your site -- looks like it's working now. 
Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

538969335_Inactive (New Admin) 8/15/2007 4:21 PM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration
538969335_Inactive
Posts: 138
Posts With Wolves

Aaron,

All great and much better than the old clunker, but what's with the DKP?  What about us guilds with no DKP in use (or even thinking of using)?  Which particular thing is it looking at for this non-existent DKP?  And is it possible that we'll later get a toggle or something for it?
TopBottom

Enniewan (New Admin) 8/15/2007 11:25 PM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration

Enniewan
Posts: 509
Zomgawsh Poster


Turns out it was a problem on our side.  We didn't have the server appropriately marked as European, so it was looking at the US Armory for the info.  I fixed the name and checked your site -- looks like it's working now. 


Ok, I had to pick a European server too in the settings.

However, I prefer using the old one as we split our guild into a casual and raid part and with alternate logging I can manage both rosters by uploading the lua file.

This is not possible with the new roster and apart from missing the notes, we don't really need the link with the armory as we have that info embedded.

Could you please remove the yellow "obsolete" banner?

Thx a lot
TopBottom

Lanzarote (New Admin) 8/15/2007 11:34 PM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration

Lanzarote
Posts: 1510
Zomgawsh Poster

Roster Test Results

Success! Your roster of 0 members was retrieved and the test results are displayed in the grid below. From now on, when viewing your roster, you will see the data provided by the Armory!

-

Somnium  on EU Draenor  http://SomniumDraenor.guildportal .com

Could you have a look at this one please Aaron?

**
I agree with other posters, i prefer the rank names and guild notes as displayed in the current roster, its never been a problem to run the addon and keep up to date. We use the note to keep track of who's alt belongs to who and its much easier to read in this format than when logged in to game.
TopBottom

Baic (New Admin) 8/16/2007 5:40 AM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration

Baic
Posts: 1228
Zomgawsh Poster

Amalaura said:
I enabled this but I don't see it on our Rostoer page at all. It found our guild and everything fine though....just isn't showing up on our actual roster page.


We are having the same issue as well.  I checked "Enable WoW Armory Integration" and confirmed the guild name "Fire of the Righteous".  It returned our list of 156 members but when I go to the roster page, it is the old one still.

Am I missing something?
TopBottom

Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 8/16/2007 6:50 AM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

Lanzarote said:
Roster Test Results

Success! Your roster of 0 members was retrieved and the test results are displayed in the grid below. From now on, when viewing your roster, you will see the data provided by the Armory!

-

Somnium  on EU Draenor  http://SomniumDraenor.guildportal .com

Could you have a look at this one please Aaron?

**
I agree with other posters, i prefer the rank names and guild notes as displayed in the current roster, its never been a problem to run the addon and keep up to date. We use the note to keep track of who's alt belongs to who and its much easier to read in this format than when logged in to game.


Alright, I went ahead and selected the EU Draenor server (you had the US selected -- we should probably put US: in front of the US servers like we do with the European ones).    Tested and you're good to go.
Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 8/16/2007 6:51 AM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

Jineitaka said:
Aaron,

All great and much better than the old clunker, but what's with the DKP?  What about us guilds with no DKP in use (or even thinking of using)?  Which particular thing is it looking at for this non-existent DKP?  And is it possible that we'll later get a toggle or something for it?


We'll go ahead and throw a toggle on there, probably tomorrow.
Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 8/16/2007 6:56 AM EST : RE: WoW Armory Integration
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

Enniewan said:

Could you please remove the yellow "obsolete" banner?


Yes, tomorrow along with a toggle for the DKP and the category-style views for the new one.
Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

Admins Online
There are   members online.
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%