Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Wake up, it's a beautiful day...
clanscorpion (Applicant) 11/28/2006 9:38 AM EST : Wake up, it's a beautiful day...
clanscorpion
Posts: 572
0
Like
0
Dislike

Sho was leaning back in his chair by the fire, and drinking his fine bottle of endless wine.  He's rarely at the tavern because of the importing and exporting buisness he runs for the guild, but when he is at the Phoenix, all he does is drink because of all the stress.  But this  time he put down the bottle, for he noticed something about the tavern that is different...

Everyone was there.  The fellows were either sleeping,  or drinking, or eating, or-bloody hell- were just counting dust particles.  This made Sho mad, no not mad, furious!!  He jumped up and kicked the chair over.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!??!?!" Sho yelled,  then gently whispered to Sorgo "Sorry for my language", for Sorgo face was in total shock.

"SITTING!? EATING!? SLEEPING!? COUNTING DUST!? WHO IN THE NAME OF--OF--OF--OF THE SILVER FLAME, DO YOU THINK YOU ALL ARE!? ME!? WHY ARE YOU ALL NOT SLAYING DRAGONS,  OR ZOMBIES!? OR THOSE DAMN KOBOLDS, YOU KNOW THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM!" Sho stopped and took a breath.  Then looked at his bottle  for a minute.

"Is it my drinking problem?  I'll quit if all of you will leave and go kill koblods and dragons. "

Sho sighed.

"Ok, right now lets go, we'll find an adventure, maybe go out to sea and go to a different  island,  or go to Flamekeep,  or--or--or somewhere.  I'm not gonna have this guild die from being lazy and bored.  Come on, who's with me!?"

((This is our new guildhall thread that I want ALL to reply ALMOST EVERY DAY.  Also this post in not only refering to the guildhall, but in game too, ACTIVITY!!!))
TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 11/28/2006 4:11 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

((ill consider this interaction to be BEFORE the ambassador trip in the time line hehehee....


*Sho heard a voice grumble from far above in the loft, and he saw auburn hair, only half upkept,  atop a head with blue eyes and a wildy growing tuft of reddish hair below the lips. It was Varro Velox... he was relatively new to the fellowship, having been introduced to them by Uxor.
A slur of a semi-deep and melodic voice crept down to Sho's ears*

Weeeeell. Maaaaybe we DID fight the bloodykoooobolds! And maaaaybe the kobolds won *he made a sharply wicked and dark seeming laugh* (because i swear that's how the male human laugh emote sounds )

You sure talk the part though. Tell you what... I'll take you on right now! Man to man*he pointed at the pit far down below in the lower levels of the tavern* an' if you win............we'll go where ever ya wanna go.

*Varro leaned back, and there was the sound of a bottle setting down among many other bottles. This was followed by several instances of whispering, arm swirling barely visible over the platform from below, and flickers of light (go go arcane spell failure). There was a floof of feathers, and Varro's unbalanced form stammered off the edge of the high loft seating, and his haphazardly balanced body drifted down gracefully to the lowest level near the bar.
The tender, seeing him coming down, immediately fled up the ramp. This had been happening too often in the phoenix lately. A few too many drinks and soon fists and spells and weapons were flying among the patrons*

*Varro's voice carried up* Tell you what...leeeets make this inneresing. Nooo weapons. Noooo magic. Just bare knucklez. *he stood ready, seemed to remember something, then moved behind the bar* hold on hold on... *he pulled out his lute and set it in a place of relative safety* I promisssse, no muuusic either. Fair and quaderlateralalalal.  What'cha say?
TopBottom

clanscorpion (Applicant) 11/29/2006 9:49 AM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...
clanscorpion
Posts: 572
0
Like
0
Dislike

Sho leaned towards Sorgo with a sly smile.
"Rule of life # 153: always let a fool do what he wants," Sho wispered,  "Or he may hurt himself."

Sho faced Varro, and nodded in agreement, then put on his one-eyed mask.

"Let's make it more interesting, I'll wear my one-eye mask, and we will fight in the dark." Sho said. "Sorgo!"

"Yes sir?"

"Lights out!." Sho commanded.

And with in a few seconds, it was dark.(())
((don't worry, the mask is not magical, it is a black/red, cloth mask that happens to only have an openning for one eye.))
TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 11/29/2006 12:04 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

((lemme clarify when you say it goes dark - we talkin they cast darkness or blindness? I'll assume that it's just a darkness spell and not blindness for the purposes of this

*Varro non-chalantly waved with his hand to indicate that he agreed to the mask notion. He snickered a little at the mention of making things even MORE interesting. Though in truth, as drunk as he was, it was practically fighting in darkness already for him.* Ash urack ligh *which could only assume to be translated as "as you like." It was either a terribly drunken slur, or another language all together"*

*Varro closed his eyes - it was a distraction to leave them open really. . . and far too much effort anyway. Varro started to inch forward feeling about with his foot very efficivently, grumbling something that sounded to mean "No tag teams" but came out as "No tash pfsems"*
TopBottom

clanscorpion (Applicant) 11/30/2006 7:55 AM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...
clanscorpion
Posts: 572
0
Like
0
Dislike

Somebody grabbed all the people in the tavern,  except for Varro, and led them outside quietly.  Then when everyone , except Varro, were outside, Sho took off his mask, and stood infront of the crowd.

"Ok,  we'll leave our friend Varro in their to rest a little bit, and we are all gonna go to the rusty nail to finish our discussion." Sho sais quietly, but so everyone heard him.

After waiting for everyones approval, aand getting only confused faces, Sho took leadership. he pointed toward the rusty nail direction.

"Forward March."

((Yeah, darkness spell cast by Sorgo to make tavern absolutly dark))
TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 11/30/2006 11:17 AM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

*Uxor was vastly surprised to see a crowd of people gathered outside the Phoenix. She saw among them Sho, who seemed to be directing them all toward the rusty nail. She trotted over toward Sho, a little lighter on her feet than normal - undoubtedly the residue of some spell of speed still upon her - and flagged for Sho's attention. She pointed at the crowd, the phoenix, and made a gesture of scratching her head in confusion*

*It didn't take long to gather the news of what had happened within the phoenix, and Uxor began to make a hissing sound as her face controted with laughter at the story of Varro being left in the dark. Once she'd had a good laugh of it, she smiled to Sho and brought out her parchment, writing*

"Don't worry, I have an idea  of how to deal with Mr. Velox. I'll explain later"

*And she slipped into the darkness of the Phoenix*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Varro heard a lot of shuffling and moving about as he felt around with his foot for something to trip.* Come out, come out where ever you aaaaare *or at least in his mind that was what he said. To anyone else, it was a horrible jumble of Quori and common slurring. He reached the edge of the room, running his foot into the wall, trying to trip it at first before realizing it was not Sho. It was very quiet now, and he was beginning to suspect some sort of joke had been pulled over on him, when he heard movement far above him*

Thought you'd get higher ground, huh? Come down and play, I don't bite ... *he muttered inaudibly* hard anyway *and snickered to himself as he backed up and beckoned with his hands. He heard a loud crash not far from him as something landed in the lower bar with him. He was forming taunts to hurl at Sho... "hmm, what else sounds like 'sho' ... slow? yeah that's a good one." He was about to lay into "Sho" with this barrage of lymerics when his foot met something.  Something else, however met the side of his head*

------------------------------------------------------------------

*Uxor was seen not long afterwards with the body of Varro in tow by the leg. She had dragged him up out of the pit, out of the phoenix, and down the street, his head rolling as he groaned from a combination of drunkeness and unconsciousness.

Some time later she arrived at the phoenix, with a note in hand that read "So sorry for my friend's behavior. Please excuse him - he is in mourning"*
TopBottom

MasonJar4 (Applicant) 12/4/2006 7:10 AM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...
MasonJar4
Posts: 1474
0
Like
0
Dislike

 Mithrian, very young for Drow years, was amongst those standing outside, and heard the order to march to the Rusty Nail.  She had been watching the Golden Night for more of her years than not, so even before the night she had snuck into Ahopiana's room, Mithrian knew each of the Fellows very well.  (Hope of-the-Lady, better known nowadays by her name in the ancient vernacular, ahopian--meaning 'to hope'.)

Whispering to the Fellows as they meandered past the Market Place in the direction of the Steam Tunnels--that seemed to accentuate the cooking stove smoke of the Rusty Nail drawing many within her door--"Sho says march, so we march." *Mithrian shrugs her shoulders awaiting the laughs of the others--she is not left wanting as the whole erupts into laughter.

-----------------------------------------------

Ahopiana stirs from her meditation.  Rusty Nail back corner timbers  framing the designated Guild Table, she sits and waits for Sho, Mithrian, Uxor, Varro, and the others. 

Thinking out loud to herself:

Seems too many reports of Bugbears deep within the Steam Tunnels for Wayfinder Dael, and that means the Coin Lords aswell.

Now, let me see, who would be best for this mission, explore the depths of the caverns below the Steam Tunnels--hopefully we'll find out more about this Seal of Shan-To-Kor.

TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 12/4/2006 1:49 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

*Uxor sat quietly at the gathering, hoping that Varro's antics had not disrupted the impromptu meeting too terribly. She lifted a brow at the mention of delving deeper into the tunnels, but sat quietly. If her sword arm was required, they would ask her. She didn't want to steal the glory from any other brave soldiers. Her karma was not for glory, it was to help where help was needed. So she patiently awaited orders*

*A short time into the meeting, a more properly upkept Varro came gliding in. He had pulled his hair back tightly with no stray strands drooping to frame his face. He inched his way gradually towards Sho, trying not to interrupt, and held his hand out*
Varro: I am at your service wherever it is you see fit to go.

*Uxor tried not to smile openly. She was glad that she was mute in that moment, she might otherwise have needed to stifle laughter. Her laugh was a great deal more easy to control. It seemed Varro was a little confused on whom it had been to knock his lack of  senses out of him.
If neither man was the wiser of what had happened, she was not inclined to correct them. To allow Sho to think Varro had submitted of his own accord, and to allow Varro to think it was Sho who had bested him in a fight - so long as it resulted in peace between them - was perfectly acceptable to her.*
TopBottom

clanscorpion (Applicant) 12/5/2006 9:18 AM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...
clanscorpion
Posts: 572
0
Like
0
Dislike

Sho's face lightened up with a big smile.

"All is well, just as long as you kill more lizards and ugly beasts, than you drink spirits, all is well." Sho spoke thinking he was wise, and leaned towards Sorgo. "Lesson number 3,743: to deal with a drunk fool, just lock him in the dark for a little."

Sorgo took out some paper and recorded onto his lessons the words of his Master Sho.

"Thank you Sho." Sorgo thanked. "Sir, we need to give the guild things to do."

"Right, Right." Sho said and gave a yell for attention.

"Ok, now I present you our Archon Ahopiana, I believe she has jobs for us that we should have been doing a long time ago, but were too busy counting dust particals."

As Sho spoke, an elven figure came through the doorway of the  tavern, and motioned Sho over. Sho quickly finished his statement, and escused himself to go outside for a minute.  The Fellows saw him leave with the elven figure, and all turned to Sorgo with answers, but he only srugged.

TopBottom

MasonJar4 (Applicant) 12/5/2006 2:51 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...
MasonJar4
Posts: 1474
0
Like
0
Dislike

Ahopiana notices the shadowy elf at the door, but doesn't watch Sho leave with her--she makes no movement or inclination to draw the others' attention from her.

Ahopiana:

Wayfinder Dael is overmatched and cannot afford delay; that is where we come in.  Shaagh has recovered the Seal of Shan-To-Kor; would be a major rallying symbol for murderous giants. The fools worship the damn thing.

Mithrian:

Mi Lady... Shaagh leads the Cloven-Jaw tribe, right? 

Ahopiana:

Aye, we'll be slaying many of his rogue hobgoblins after we bust the kobold blockade. It's in the deepest part of the Steam Tunnels. 

Now, if anyone has any questions, Mithrian shall lead. 



 

TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%