Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > The Ambassador (open public rp)
538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 11/19/2006 7:37 AM EST : The Ambassador (open public rp)

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

*Varro waited patiently in the guild hall, where Uxor's message had instructed him to go.
He found the place quite private, despite the open nature of the structure. There were many quiet places one could slip into, many people coming and going from it, each on their own business... it was easy to become part of the background. No one asked him questions he didn't feel like answering. No one badgered him for his purpose. They extended their fellowship to him, and had asked for little from him in return. It was in his nature to distrust such an arrangement. After weeks undisturbed however, his reclusive mood was weakening.
He missed his wife with deathly longing... he still did... and perhaps that would have been the result ultimately if left to his own devices. But Uxor had needled him and watched over him like a hawk. She swore she didn't care what he did with his life, and that his choices were his own, but he found that without him even realizing it, she had managed to manipulate his doings.  She had kept him busy for weeks with her errands pertaining to her Masked Ball. After the ball, he still had no peace...
When he went to the bars to drink, she joined him for drinking contests - she always won. Her endurance for the draft was far better than his.
If he hopped in the pit to start a fight, she was the first to leap down and bop him over the head with the hilt of her sword. When he finally came round, he'd find himself in his home with food on his table and a note from her appologizing for 'playing too rough.' He was less inclined to even go to the pit once he learned of the rumors going round about Uxor dragging him through town by his leg in a drunken and concussioned stupor.
He couldn't adventure without the feel that his intentions were being watched, even if he wasn't out adventuring with her. He always sensed that there was someone among his companions who was an agent of hers sent to ensure he wasn't doing something purposefully lethal to himself. Thus his notion of going down in a blaze of musical glory, off to persue his wife in the great beyond, was crushed.
Uxor had offered him the chance to join the Fellowship in the hopes that it would be a place of sanctuary for him. A place where he could nurse his emotional hurts without question, and yet still find a sense of being needed. She said it would be good for him. He scowled, hating that she had been right. 

Uxor strode in and brushed off the grime and gore of fighting from her armor. Seeing Varro waiting for her as she'd requested brought her to smile, one of the only displays she could make that warmed her features.  She brought out her writing impliments and started scribbling away on the parchment as she approached him. He slid down the bench to allow her a spot to sit, shaking his head at her*

No hello even before you start your planning?

*She only smiled further at his comment, making the hissing sound that he knew to be her way of laughing, turning the note around toward him. He could see that she had added in a "hello" to humor him, squeezing the word in at the top...but it was obviously the last thing she'd written. The rest followed as: "I have a favor to ask you. I know that I've probably exhausted all my favors with you, but this is an arrangement that I think you'll find enjoyable."*

*He eyed the note and sighed a bit* Alright, out with it.

*she continued to scrawl on the parchment quickly - he knew that this meant she would be writing a long explaination - as he leaned back against the wall awaiting his sentence. He knew even if he had an objection to her 'favor' there would be no getting out of it. He was good at semantics, but she was very analitical, and had come to be very aware of his mannerisms. It was harder to slip things by her now... he had to settle for small victories at times.*

*She turned the parchment back to his hand, having carried the words over to the other side of it. He cringed seeing she'd written right over top of a scroll of bless. One day he'd teach her to sell the blasted things and buy parchment, rather than wasting the scrolls. She insisted it was because of the heat of combat, and the need for immediate writing... if she ran out of parchment on the road, she would sacrifice a scroll without thinking twice of it. He started to read her words*

"I need you to deliver a message to another guild for me. More over, that is not the favor - that is only a part of the favor. I have had long talks with the Lady of the Fellowship, and other high ranking members. We will be reaching out to several guilds in our city with an offer of alliance and friendship with them. This requirse a need for a representative *he didn't have to read much further to understand the purpose of the letter, but he did so anyway* to communicate our interests to them. If I am to do this duty, I need help. I can write many a heart felt and formal letter, but the power of speech and art is yours. I need you to be my voice Varro. I trust you with my life and know that you have a way of handling yourself among those of a quick tongue and wit. Will you help me?"

*Varro handed her the parchment* And your comrades would trust me as you do?

*she scrawled out* "correction. Our comrades. You're a part of this fellowship too - you might not feel it, but you are. But yes, they understand that I need someone with a bit more charismatic appeal. I am blunt. Bluntness is a good quality for writing, but a poor one for smoothing over disagreements between guild forces. If trouble arose, you would phrase your case with more care and tact than I would. Tact and tactics are different animals I am afraid. My speciality *she drew an arrow and circled "tactics"*"

*He knew that from anyone else he could take her words to be merely fluff for his ego. But he knew she was not the type to conspire... infact, she was never known to be two faced, even to her enemies. He nodded* explain your conditions to me and duties, and I will consider doing you this favor. 

*She furrowed her brows and wrote* "No semantics, Varro."
*he feigned innocence at the comment, and she continued* "Either you want to help me or you don't. Ask questions, but don't make me spell everything out just so you can think of ways around it. I am not in the mood for games. I approached you with this because I thought you might appriciate feeling needed. I thought you might enjoy the chance to rub elbows and feel important. Mostly I thought you might enjoy getting recognized for your skills with this sort of thing. Was I wrong?"

*he smiled slightly - it was fun sometimes to see her so bent out of shape over simple jokes. She was right, she definately was blunt sometimes* No, infact, you were more right than you know. Might be nice to get out from under your constant gaze after all. *he shrugged a little*

*She wrote with a glare at the page* "I like to think that I'm your friend Varro. What's more, you might feel like I have my thumb on you, but that's because I owe it to your wife's memory to make sure you are safe, so long as that is within my power. If you're..."

*he was reading over her shoulder and reached out to stop her from writing further* No more, no more. I will do this favor for you. *he tried to stifle the smile on his face at seeing he'd completely managed to bend her out of shape*  I also like to think we're friends, and I appriciate your concern for me. If it makes you feel better, being here has righted my outlook on things. If these folk trust your judgement, then I will help you.

*She nodded slightly, but wrote further* "If you accept this, there is something more I must ask. You must swear to me that if you fall in your ventures, that you will always accept a ressurection... from a preist or otherwise. If you cannot swear this to me, then you cannot do my favor."

*He was quiet, staring at the parchment for a long time, his smile having faded. He said quietly* You really think I want to die, don't you?

*She shook her head and took the paper back, trying to think of how to express what she felt. She settled on writing* "I think you really want to see Endaria again"

*He nodded slightly* You are right. And you are wrong. I will, however, swear to you that I will accept ressurection in whatever form it may come. Endaria is in the afterlife, and thus, she has eternity to wait for me.

*This seemed to satisfy Uxor, and she wrote* "Very well. There is another that I wish for you to meet with to discuss further details, he is someone you will more than likely work with frequently, as he is also an Ambassador... and I should like to give you a proper introduction to the Lady. *she paused her pen strokes a moment, resuming with* thank you for this."

*He played off her seriousness with his usual flippant comments* Yeah yeah, well I can't have you moping about if I said no *she knew it to mean "you're welcome"*  
TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 11/23/2006 5:09 PM EST : RE: The Ambassador (open public rp)

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

(as posted to the leadership of the Syndicate

((sorry such a long read by the way))
*Two figures are spotted lingering near your establishment, talking in hushed tones. . . or at least, one of them is talking. The other seems to write a series of notes on scrolls, nodding her head frequently to the auburn haired man who points and makes gestures with his hands. After a short time, the two straighten, and approach*

*The man has a lute strapped to his back, and his long hair is pulled back with a tie, his face clean save that of the tuft of well groomed - and equally reddish - hair that grows just beneath his lips. His clothing is a well groomed attire; it seems to comprise of sections of mythril, but it has a golden hue about it with maroon toned patterns.  The woman who walks along side him is somewhat of a contrast to his golden and wine colored appearence.
She seems to gleam like walking frost in all ways. Her armor is the cool and clean finish of mythril, with no coloration. Her hair is a stark white, pulled behind her ears and braided slightly in the back. Her eyes are a chilling pale blue, which pierce out from her equally pale features. Her skin tone is snowy, her lips devoid of blush, her eyebrows and even her lashes as white as the hair on her head.
Neither of the two forms hold any weapons in hand, though the man has a rapier that hangs at his hip in a fine scabbard. A haze of cold seeps out from the mouth of the scabbard, as if the blade were freshly pulled from a block of ice. It seems as if it would be better suited on his female companion, but the woman wears an axe head at her hip that shimmers white with an aura that feels of justice.*

*The two figures, once they are relatively assured that they are within range and eyes are upon them, both bow deeply. Her posture is formal, but rigid . . . rather like a soldier. His dip is with the florish of an artist - low and with a swirling trace of his hand. The man, still with body bent down, tips his face up and smiles, speaking with a silky but deep toned voice*

A thousand timely regards to you, most honored members of the Syndicate. Many of you we recognize from ventures in the city and wildlands, but the same may not be true of your recollection of us. My name is Varro Valerius Velox. Allow me to introduce my companion, the Lady Uxor. *the two shifted up from the bow* Forgive her silence, for she is mute. I speak in her stead. *Uxor tipped her head slightly, closing her eyes, in a sort of mini bow to the notion, where at he continued* We come with tidings, as ambassadors of the Fellowship of the Golden Night. Our leader, the Lady Ahopiana, betrothed of the one Witchfinder by name, sends words of comraderie, joy, and good will to you and your fold. We also come with a proposition, and would desire to speak with the leadership of your fine guild . . . or any ambassador you have among your ranks. . . concerning such a proposition. We will not keep you at this time from your other pressing matters, as our appearence is both sudden and unexpected undoubtedly. Thus, we shall await any representation you see fit to send, if it pleases you. For the next several days, we shall be keeping a room at the Phoenix Tavern. It seems a neutral place for open discussion between our two guild entities. Either of us *he gestured with a hand to Uxor* are easily found in the loft seating. *the pale woman pulled out a scroll and set it in the open upon the floor. Varro continued* If we are not already arrived, simply present this message to the staff of the tavern, and they will know our wearabouts.

*again the two bowed low, if not more so than before* Safe journies to you all, and we will await word of your coming. *the two figures turned and walked alway, Uxor writing something once again on parchment and turning it to the man. He could barely be heard saying "well of course I did. Comes with training really."*

*Should anyone pick up the scroll that Uxor placed on the ground, it reads, in a familiar penmanship no less:*
"Seeking The Minstrel & Maiden of Living Ice"

((As Varro said, I come on behalf of the Fellowship of the Golden Night with a proposition. Whom ever I might speak with concerning it may contact me in any of the following forms - here on your forums, on our forums, in the DDO forums to Merlask, or even in game with Varro or Uxor - though I prefer a place where any roleplaying we might do can be transcribed to add to story archives.  PM is also acceptable, as is my email, alacer.sicarius@gmail.com
If it is your custom to handle such matters in the public forums, I have no objection, as I gather that you function via a council. Seeing as this is the holidays, whenever it is convenient for you to 'meet' is fine for us. I look forward to the opportunity to meet with the representation of the Syndicate, in whatever manner such a meeting is conducted.

With deep respect and fond thoughts,
Varro / Uxor / Merlask
Ambassador of the Fellowship of the Golden Night

 

TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 11/26/2006 10:35 AM EST : RE: The Ambassador (open public rp)

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

((as posted on the Order of the Wolves guild embassy board

((sorry such a long read. The below is light-rp mostly for flavor))

*Two figures are spotted approaching your pack, talking in hushed tones as they walk. . . or at least, one of them is talking. The other seems to write a series of notes on scrolls, nodding her head frequently to the auburn haired man who points and makes gestures with his hands.*

*The man has a lute strapped to his back, and his long hair is pulled back with a tie, his face clean save that of the tuft of well groomed - and equally reddish - hair that grows just beneath his lips. The woman who walks along side him is somewhat of a contrast to his wine colored appearence.  
She seems to gleam like walking frost in all ways. Her hair is a stark white, pulled behind her ears and braided slightly in the back. Her eyes are a chilling pale blue, which pierce out from her equally pale features. Her skin tone is snowy, her lips devoid of blush, her eyebrows and even her lashes as white as the hair on her head. *

*The two figures both bow low and deeply. The man, still with body bent down, speaks with a calming, moderately deep voice.*

Strength and honor to the wolves. My name is Varro Valerius Velox. Several of you may be familiar with my companion, the Lady Uxor. *the two shifted up from the bow* Forgive her silence, for she is mute. I speak in her stead. We come with tidings, as ambassadors of the Fellowship of the Golden Night. Our leader sends these words of comraderie, joy, and good will to you and your pack.

*the man produced a scroll and read it aloud* "We reach out to the Order of the Wolf with an offer of alliance, to embrace them with our Fellowship.  Witchfinder had betrothed me, Hope of-the-Lady as leader of the Fellowship of the Golden Night.  We wish to rekindle our past fellowship; may we enjoy the Order of the Wolf's  "howl" during our Golden Night!"

We also come with a proposition to those ends, and desire a meeting between we, the Fellowship's chosen ambassadors, and the alpha of your pack . . . or any ambassadors you have among your ranks that you deem appropriate. . . to clarify our intentions and the specifics.

As our appearence and offer comes without warning, we shall await any representation you see fit to send, if it pleases you, at a time convenient to you. For the next several days, we shall be keeping a room at the Phoenix Tavern. If we are not seen, simply present this message to the staff of the tavern, and they will know our wearabouts: that you are seeking the Maiden of Living Ice or the Minstrel

*again the two bowed low, if not more so than before* May your hunts be fruitful, your den safe, and your strength unparalleled, most noble wolves.

((As Varro said, I come on behalf of the Fellowship of the Golden Night with a proposition. Whom ever I might speak with concerning it may contact me in any of the following forms - here on your forums, on our forums at the fellowship, in the DDO forums to Merlask, or even in game with Uxor, Merlask, or Varro - though I prefer a place where any roleplaying we might do can be transcribed to add to story archives. Doesn't have to be rp either, this was more to break up the 'norm' of guild alliance offers  Very Happy  PM is also acceptable, as is my email, alacer.sicarius@gmail.com

Seeing as this is the holidays, whenever it is convenient for you to 'meet' is fine for us. I look forward to the chance to speak with you.

With the most respectful of regards,
Uxor/ Merlask / Varro
TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 11/26/2006 10:37 AM EST : RE: The Ambassador (open public rp)

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

((response by OotW

*Dark-haired, yet spiritful figure steps out of the shadow of the den, bowing at the arrival of the three. His dim-purple eyes fixed on the lady, then relaxed, and salutes welcomingly.*

"'Tis nice to see you again, Lady Uxor," says the man in armor, the plate carved with elven symbols but colored with black paints. He bows before the lady, and lightly kisses her hand. Stepping a few steps backwards, the paladin continues, "Greetings to you, Varro Valerius Velox . . . forgive me if I pronounced it wrong. I'm not so good at remembering names."

Azuru nods, then turns again, his voice respecting, "This must be Merlask then. Hello, fellow 'Forged." Then the paladin bows deeply before the three, as a welcome sign.

"The tavern you mentioned.. the Phoenix isn't it," the dark-haired man scratches his head a little bit, "You should talk to our current leader, Jaxom Faux. He has the answers and the time."

"Come forward and be our guest," Azuru gestures. The entrance leads into a deeper, yet seems bigger room-like cave, carved by excellent nature causes and some man-made adjustments. The room, though not well-lit, has a few torches shining on the walls around, serving enough lights so anyone can see where one is going. Shadows were also emphasis of the cave, to contrast the lightings. "You shall meet our Leader soon. I'll inform him your warm arrival, and then we can get to the business quicker, so that we can rejoice after," says the paladin, leading the three to a couple of warm chair-like stones, near a well-lit corner.

"Please excuse my leaving now, but I have events to attend to. Make your self at home. Feel free to look around. We don't have many extravagant things or decorations like many others do, but these inexpensive ornaments have served us well," bowing again, Azuru walks out of the cave. You might have thought the paladin winked before he turned to leave.

---------------------------------------------

((continuation of our interaction

((Thank you and at your leasure of course
((to clarify, the only two figures there are Varro and Uxor. "Merlask" - though pictured in my sig - is more of an ooc place holder for me to alternate speaking as Varro/Uxor since the two can't be in the same place at the same time due to them being on the same acct.  Sad  I kind of look at Merlask as the, eh, 'shell' to host the voice of Varro or Uxor as needed - if that makes any sense. That and Merlask is the same handle as my ddo forum name, so it's kind of like when I'm being more 'myself' than the characters, but Merlask can be either/or or both of my two mains for IC purposes  Smile ))

*Uxor smiled very broadly at the warm welcoming. She was not entirely certain how well Varro would be received - he was a man of considerable charisma for public speaking, but the fact that he was a known bard sometimes made people leery of his words. After all, were his words his true feelings, or merely part of an 'act.'? She knew them to be true - she had gone over the details several times with him as to what would be said. How those words were taken was something she could not foresee.

She knew now that bringing him indeed was safe. The wolves were an honorable group, she really didn't think it likely that they would attack or be abrasive to him. She just was not entirely certain that they would have trusted him without her presence to back up the legitimacy of the situation.

Uxor nodded her head respectfully as he kissed her hand, the smile warming her otherwise overwhelmingly cold features. She situated some writing materials as he continued to converse, writing something down and showing it to Varro. The bard glanced at the note sidelong briefly before he continued, nodding his head* You've said it properly. You may call me simply Varro by all means.

*The two followed into their keep, and as they walked, Varro continued* Uxor wishes to impart that she is pleased to be so kindly welcomed, and that we are honored to be invited as your guests.

*As they entered, both looked round, and Varro nodded to Azuru at the mention of meeting with their leader* Thank you for your help. We will wait here, by your leave. If your leader is to be here soon, there is no need for us to depart to the Phoenix as of yet then. Though, consider it a place where we are easily found, should need arise.

*Uxor settled into the chair with a smile, scratching out something on paper, and again tipping it in Varro's direction. If it were visible to Azuru, it looked like an odd sort of writing... if he were familiar with Aquan or the curling script of Quor, the writing was familiar, but made no sense. It seemed a combination of both scripts. Whatever the writing meant, Varro seemed to understand it readily, and with uncanny quickness, was already speaking of it* She says she thinks this place is beautiful, and thanks you again for your hospitality, as do I.

*Uxor stood as Azuru announced his need to depart and announce their coming to their leader. She and Varro bowed deeply to him. Varro spoke as he bowed* Most kind of you. We shall be quite comfortable waiting here, I assure you. Safe journies to you.

*She lifted her head slightly at the wink, the faint smile that hovered on the corners of her mouth spreading wider, and she silently mouthed "thank you" as he departed*

*Varro looked round as she sat. Uxor patted the seat next to her,  as he strolled around looking at their surroundings.  He shook his head* I'm fine for the moment, I'll take a seat shortly.

*She shrugged a 'suit yourself' gesture to him, and relaxed into the chair, picking over a few scrolls she had in hand as they waited*
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%