Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > A Matter of Protection
ShiningEagle (Member) 7/25/2007 6:20 PM EST : A Matter of Protection

Shiningeagle (Thelanis)


ShiningEagle
Posts: 159
0
Like
0
Dislike

Seething over the encounter, Darius kicked himself.  Why, why did I do that?  I know she is in danger, but it was a marked member of their house.  This is only going to complicate things.

Still, there was a nagging sensation in the back of his mind.  The feeling that no matter how wrong the situation felt, no matter how unjust his actions, that there could be no trust found in that woman.  How and why, he could not answer.  But two attacks in a week's time, the Zoltando dead, and now random representatives showing the the Phoenix, with her name specifically on their lips.  It was all to coincidental.  Too perfect, as if the three events were somehow linked.  But how, he wondered.  How could they be?  What would house Deneith want with her?

There were only so many things that could be done.  And time was moving against him.  Zoltando's location must be found, and Nalwyn must be warned.  The Fellowship will want to hear of this as well.  And where did all those blademasters come from so quickly?  Was she expecting trouble?  Or Expecting to take her out in an armed guard?

He knew now that in these situations that logic had run out.  Now he turned to his new found profession.  He turned to what he had found, faith.

Darius prayed to the Host for their wisdom, and to Dol Dorn for his ever alert sword.  For Aureon's insight, and for Olladara's luck.  Time was an enemy that never gave ground, and he had little to start with.

With the elements in place, he began the casting of the locating spell.  With any luck, he would find Zoltando, and be able to answer some of the many questions that now presented themselves.
--------------------------------------------------

Characters: ShiningEagle StrongBrow
TopBottom

Faerwyn (Applicant) 7/26/2007 6:05 AM EST : RE: A Matter of Protection
Faerwyn
Posts: 39
0
Like
0
Dislike

As the location spell takes hold, Darius' point of view rises from his body, spiralling upward.  It soars out of building, and glides smoothly down alleyways and lanes.  It slows above Sprue's house, circles on a ledge above the door, then soars off towards House Deneith.

Gliding along, the visage of Evi Joss appears, and Darius' sight is swept along towards Three Barrel Cove.  Skirting the edge of the shanty town, a rough dingy bar rest haphazardly against the side of a hill.  The view swept inside, circled slowly, and then shot out of the bar at breakneck speed.

Over hills, across streams, the view sped, the surroundings a near blur.  Overhead, the sun rose and set repeatedly as the view continued to speed along an unseen trail.  Suddenly, the view came to rest at the top of ridge, a dias sitting atop, nestled against the edge of the cliff.  The view slowly circled it, spires raising from the edges of the dias, forming a cage around its center.

A spire had fallen, one end blackened, potentially from a lightning strike.  Near the spire, a broken figure of a man lay in a pool of blood, a rapier through his chest, his hand lose upon its hilt.  The view lifted to see Stormreach in the distance, by best guess two weeks hike away.

The view faded, jolting Darius back to his reality.
TopBottom

clanscorpion (Applicant) 7/26/2007 7:17 AM EST : RE: A Matter of Protection
clanscorpion
Posts: 572
0
Like
0
Dislike

Glowing lavender eyes watched Darius from the shadow, waiting for Darius to seek out the body of Zoltando.  Earlier on Sho had left the guildhall leaving a note saying that his execution will be postponed until Zoltando's return, for is of the few who are worthy to spill his blood.

Sho checked his weapons, dusted off his armor, and when he saw that Darius had finished seeking out Zol, he stepped out of the shadow, laying his hand on Darius' shoulder.

"Any luck? Have you found him yet?" Sho asked with a grim look on his face.
TopBottom

Guargouille (Associate) 7/26/2007 7:53 AM EST : RE: A Matter of Protection

Tyrynyn
Dalharil (DDO Anonymous)

Guargouille
Posts: 371
0
Like
0
Dislike

(ooc: Dallie is pretty much oblivious about Zoltando, Nalwyn, and that situation... if you wish to utilize her abilities, perhaps it would be good to find a way to write her into the storyline... in a reasonably believeable manner. Here's my offering to open the door...)

Elated, Dallie rides on the supreme high of Victory over the red dragon all the way past the vendors and alleyways, for once not tempted by the luscious looking fruits and glittery bits of trinkets they offered. Her feet perform a little dance of striding and she skips occasionally, unable to stop herself as she hunts for Shiney. He left without saying goodbye, and she just couldn't stand for one of her fellow Draconic slayers to part ways with anything less than glee.
Just call me Uma.
Uamhas, Dalharil, Solonora, Avuna, Tyrynyn, Oloth, and more...
View My Dragons


TopBottom

538808375_Inactive (Applicant) 7/26/2007 8:28 AM EST : RE: A Matter of Protection

538808375_Inactive
Posts: 138
0
Like
0
Dislike

No alternate text supplied.
TopBottom

ShiningEagle (Member) 7/26/2007 11:41 AM EST : RE: A Matter of Protection

Shiningeagle (Thelanis)


ShiningEagle
Posts: 159
0
Like
0
Dislike

"Why?  Zoltando, why have you done this? What madness could have possessed you to...," He froze, feeling a hand on his shoulder. Turning, he looked into the lavender eyes of a Drow he had seen before, but not in person. He nodded, and the sheen of his mythril-hued eyes took on a greyish tint, as if to look like stone.

The whole situation seemed strangely comforting. Not had the War had any part of his life been this intense. The rush of the battle, the flow of time around him, and the longing for the conflict enveloped him. Purpose began to fill his mind, and a clear path he had been looking for began to unfold right before his eyes.

"We must move, and quickly. Deneith seems to be hiding more than they wish us to know." The statement was not to nay person in particular, but more to himself, in preperation for the struggle ahead.

Turning to Sho, Darius examined him and pondered. What was so wrong about him? What had he done? I see nothing but a drow, ready and waiting to take action to find his friend. And more, Darius needed all the allies that he could muster. "Sho, if you wish to help your friend, then help me now. Send word to the Fellowship. Tell them that I have found Zoltando, and I need their help to recover him. Any who wish to come are welcome."

Bursting out the Guildhall door, Darius knew that stealth was going to be needed. Without thought, he whispered a spell of concealment, and he faded from sight. He changed rings, and made sure his robes were fitted correctly, and then set out along the paths of the market. There was much to do, and little time.

Heading East, past the fountain plaza, through the stands and street performers, he carefully picked his way through. He took great care to avoid people altogether. At one of the stands, he stopped, and noticed a flyer stating his wanted status. Well, he mused to himself, Deneith seems to be moving very fast. They don't even seem to waste any time in looking for me. So, the game of houses has begun.

Looking out and around, he noticed a small halfling eyeing various things at some of the stands, seeming to dance in place as if gleeful in her happiness. Waiting a moment, Darius watched her, trying to place who she was. As she turned, He recognized her as Dallie, the little halfling that took us out after that dragon. He felt a little sad, having run out on her like that. With a gentle hand, Darius a small piece of parchment out, scribbled a note, and muttered a spell of alteration. Transmuting his form, he became a slightly more muscled dwarf, eyes a chocolate brown, fire red hair with a long twin braid running down his beard. He reached into his pack, and produced a suit of mythril plate, and donned it in the alley way. Checking to see if anyone was watching, he then proceeded out to speak with her.

In a lower gruff voice, Darius spoke to her. "Lady Dalharil, a message for you from house Kundarak." He handed over the note to her, then added: "I was also told to inform you if you wish to speak with him, he will be in the Open Palm inn. Jorasco ward." Bowing low, Darius turned and left. Now for the real headache. To gather those that will come. He turned to the orien post, and sent out a guild-wide message.

Simplicity would be the key. "To the fellows of the golden night, I bid thee to come. I have information, and a request to make. One of our own needs our help, and I intend to go to him. Who will join me? Those who wish to assist, speak with Dallie. She will know how to find me."

Turning to leave, Darius saw two of the sentinal marshalls. A slight shudder washed over him as he saw them, and turned to leave. Feeling the shifting in his armor, he remembered that he did not appear as he did, and walked by them, and on to his next stop. Whatever this whole pile of ochre jelly got turned into, he was certain of one thing. Zoltando and Nalwyn were being hunted, and now they were both in danger. Zoltando of losing his life permanently, and Nalwyn of being returned to her former master, to Him. And that was something, he decided, that will not be allowed to happen, if he had anything to say in the matter.
--------------------------------------------------

Characters: ShiningEagle StrongBrow
TopBottom

Guargouille (Associate) 7/29/2007 11:30 PM EST : RE: A Matter of Protection

Tyrynyn
Dalharil (DDO Anonymous)

Guargouille
Posts: 371
0
Like
0
Dislike

She leans her shoulder back against a new-paper crackly poster and reads over the short note from the unknown dwarf.

Hrm.. Zam dun done gots hisself kilt.... um... *chortles* oh, yeh buhdee I c'n prolly raisin him'uns up, YEAH!

An unholy glee suffused her features at the irony of participating in the possible resurrection of Zoltando, after their less than cordial first meeting. She still carried a small, star-shaped scar at the hollow of her throat from his over-enthusiastic attempt to change her mind about a matter involving the method of Jaggie's retrieval... She hears a rustle of paper behind her as she chuckles, and turns to see what the poster she leaned against said.

Shiney? Pfft. Buncha bunk dat.

Feeling no guilt at tearing down the poster, she jerked it free from the wall and rolled it up into a tight tube as she strutted along to the Fellowship Guildhall. People needed to be told, both that Zoltando was (maybe?) dead, and that Shiney was now a wanted dwarf.

HEY!! Bigguns!! (and me fellow wee ones too!) LOOKIT THIS!!

She waves the unrolled wanted poster about in one hand to catch the attention of anyone in earshot or eyeview, the short missive from Shiningeagle in the other...
Just call me Uma.
Uamhas, Dalharil, Solonora, Avuna, Tyrynyn, Oloth, and more...
View My Dragons


TopBottom

538808375_Inactive (Applicant) 7/30/2007 5:59 AM EST : RE: A Matter of Protection

538808375_Inactive
Posts: 138
0
Like
0
Dislike

The mercenary sat in the dark shadowed corner of the Pheonix tavern, listening to the random conversations.  The waterglass by her map had been neglected for the past 2 hours as she narrowed down the location of the drow woman.   A weeks worth of questioning and searching had ruled out all the enclaves and harbor area of the city. She sipped the water and mused to herself that the idiot dwarf's attack turned out to be more of a blessing than an annoyance.  The Sentinel Marshalls were thorough and were willing to questions anyone she brought in.

Drunken laughter raining from the tables on the second level caught her attention.  A small group of people seemed to be enjoying themselves, even two forged she recognized as belonging to this..fellowship guild.. as they called themselves.  She looked back down at her map and started narrowing the search grid, eliminating the obvious.  This left a group of six houses near Soulgate.   The mention of the name 'Nalwyn' from the ledge above jostled her attention.

There was something spooky about the halfling woman that just mentioned that name.  She watched the halfling as she strolled up to the bar to talk to the forged bartender.  The woman looked as if she was recovering from having her head eaten by a wild animal, raw red scars lined her cheek and forehead.  But what spooked her the most was the halfling's eyes were pools of blackness. The mercenary waited a few seconds before leaving the tavern to follow the staggering halfling.

She thanked the Host silently that the sky was cloudcovered and the dark night gave her ample opportunity to trail the woman from the shadows.  The halfling was quick though, cutting through random alleyways and under market awnings and tables.   She did her best to follow from a distance.  Finally the halfling dodged up some stairs and climbed up the side of an awning and dissapeared onto a roof.  The slight creak of a hinge gave away the existence of a hidden door on the roof as the halfling woman obviously dissapeared inside the home.  The mercenary knew this home well, it was in the area she had narrowed her search to.  She rubbed the ache in her arm and sunk into the shadows of a nearby alleyway. Now she only need wait for her target to reveal herself. 
TopBottom

Faerwyn (Applicant) 7/30/2007 6:10 AM EST : RE: A Matter of Protection
Faerwyn
Posts: 39
0
Like
0
Dislike

Nalwyn paces back and forth in Sprue's den.  Disheveled and griefstricken, she stops her pacing momentarily, looks to the heavens and clenches her fists.  She shakes her head, as if to dismiss something, then puts her hands behind head, intertwining her fingers behind her neck.  She tugs several times, stomping her foot and lets out a low growl.

She stops suddenly, and straightens up.  Purposefully, she strides to her bedchambers, and opens the armoire.  Resting in the armoire is an ornate suit of glistening mithril armor, a sturdy mithril shield, along with a sword and a couple of daggers.  She pauses briefly, her face reflecting impassively in the breastplate, then begins to buckle the armor onto her slender form.  Picking up the two daggers, she strapped one to either thigh, and reached for the sword. 

The sheath parted the sword easily, the familiar ringing sound of the metal echoing in her ears.  She tied the sheath onto her hip, and drove the sword back into its home, stopping it one inch from the hilt.  Hefting the shield with her other hand, she turned and strode purposefully for the front door.
TopBottom

ShiningEagle (Member) 7/30/2007 11:23 AM EST : RE: A Matter of Protection

Shiningeagle (Thelanis)


ShiningEagle
Posts: 159
0
Like
0
Dislike

Darius sat back in his study.  He allowed his mind to wander to the broad scope of things as they had progressed.  Nalwyn was being hunted.  Zoltando was dead, the blow struck by his own hand.  House Deneith wanted him for assult, which was highly trumped up, as there was no means to verify her charge.  It would simply be a matter between two houses.  However, her ready supply of Sentinal Marshalls did worry him slightly.  She did not seem one that would be in command of many, and it pushed his thoughts to considering other options as to where her muscle came from.

Looking back to his notes, he sighed.  A quick knock at the door alerted him to a visitor, and he bade them in.  A well built dwarf walked in, his adamantine full plate gleaming in the study light.  "Brother, your message has been sent.  I only hope that he will arrive, as you requested.  Are you sure that you will be safe?  I can call up a small garrison of the Shield Defenders to ensure your protection."

Darius smiled at the thought, and replied, "While safer it may be, that would also alert the Deneith mercs to our location.  I have things in motion, and I hope that there will be no interruption.  Should there be, I will send for you.  Maybe you can attach them to that emissary visiting the Healer's Foyer.  They would then be close by to handle the reaction if they were needed."

The younger dwarf looked to Darius.  "That is a good idea.  It will be done.  Be safe my brother, and the Host watch over you all, as they have so much recently."  He bowed, and turned to leave.

Darius quickly added, " Strongbrow, do me one favor.  That young halfling, Parzival.  Make sure he has anything he needs that we can provide.  Innocence in these times is a rare thing.  I don't want to make a similar mistake again."

Strongbrow nodded, and left.  Darius turned and went back to his studies, preparing for the coming trials ahead.
--------------------------------------------------

Characters: ShiningEagle StrongBrow
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%