Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

zoltando 11/27/2014 6:09 PM
Happy thanksgiving!
Nklos 11/20/2014 1:16 AM
-*Warms hands by the fire.*
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
Second: Creatively - charged bard in the house. Y'all just watch out ;)
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
First: That was a beautiful tribute Vali. Thank you for sharing with us! :)
Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!

537498264_Inactive (Applicant) 12/13/2005 7:34 PM EST : RE: Trouble
537498264_Inactive
Posts: 33
0
Like
0
Dislike

Watching the elf who had been so intent on keeping him from leaving the tavern step outside herself and become distracted, Jabari drops his charade and attempts to see what stole away her attention.

While being held up by an old elf in a brown travelling robe, he strains his neck to see out the tavern exit. Barely visible, Jabari witnesses Whisp throw two stilettos into the darkness, at what he can only imagine.

"Huh." He comments to himself, pushing his tongue into his cheek. Looking up to the older elf still holding him up, he grins. "Thanks friend, I think I'll make a full recovery."

Standing up on his own, he brushes off his clothes and starts taking in a deep breath, but expels it in a burst of laughter.

"Ahh... thank you, I was hoping someone who recognized my plight would respond to my performance," he finally says, smiling to the elven healer.

"I suppose I could take tonight's events as a compliment," Jabari jokes, "'A bard so in demand patrons carry him to the tavern themselves, then wont allow him to leave!' What do you think, would anyone buy it?"

Laughing away the tenseness of the night's events, the bard grabs a nearby chair and sits.

"But really, thank you for your assistance. I'll wait a few moments then head out myself, I think I've caused enough excitement here for one night!" Bowing his head slightly out of respect for the healer, he begins turning away then stops.

Keeping the exit in view, he glances sideways towards those who assisted him and adds, "By the way, would either of you care for a free room?" Jabari smiles and raises a hand, dangling the room keys he had picked up from the barkeeper prior to his "act."
TopBottom

537484057_Inactive (Applicant) 12/14/2005 1:50 AM EST : RE: Trouble
537484057_Inactive
Posts: 393
0
Like
0
Dislike

“Hmmm, I can’t say that I enjoy being pulled from my meal for a rouse,” Aristoblis says, more out of hunger than being upset.  “However, the prospect of free room just might make up for it.”

 

Accepting the keys from the bard, Ari says, “Thank you, most talented performer.  I would be happy to put this room to good use in your stead.”

 

With a nod and a turn the “old elf” goes back to the bar to finish his meal in peace.  On his way he pauses mid stride, his eyes locking with those of the lady elf for a long moment.  “Lady,” he says with a reverent bow, and proceeds back to his bar stool.

TopBottom

537433874_Inactive (Applicant) 12/17/2005 1:30 AM EST : RE: Trouble
537433874_Inactive
Posts: 247
0
Like
0
Dislike

Ranaewen was surprised at Ralthoin's reaction. She had expected anger, fury, and possibly blows, but not this...broken, weary dwarf standing in front of her. The half elf blinked for a moment. Her brow still furrowed, but now in confusion rather than irritation, she whirled away abruptly. She moved with feline stealth back to the bar. The coiled seething energy still pulsed through her veins; it never receded until she found an outlet. She leaned on the bar a moment and then her gaze drifted over the man seated awaiting her. Their gazes met briefly and she twitched a brow. Casually, silently and without a glance at anyone in the room, Ranaewen walked past the bar, by the stairwell and out the back door of the tavern.


Keiri blushed bright red as Aristoblis bowed before her, a slight giggle erupting before she bit her lip. He turned away and suddenly she felt an intense weariness pass over her. She looked around for Ranae. Nowhere in sight. The small elf sighed tiredly. Then she heard a commotion just outside the door.

Looking over her shoulder, she saw four men ready to attack the elven woman Ranaewen had been drinking with. Without a thought, Keiri reached behind her for her staff. Oh no! she thought, and glanced quickly toward the bar, where her beautiful smooth staff had been resting quietly. It was gone! She turned quickly toward the door and focused on Whisp, murmuring silently as she prayed. A soft glow enveloped Whisp quickly before disappearing.

The men drew their weapons and prepared to attack Whisp. One looked up quickly at the glow, his gaze searching for the source before settling on Keiri. He bared his teeth and entered the tavern, moving toward the priest, sword in hand.

Keiri's breath caught at the fierce look on his face and she clutched the front of her robe, eyes wide as he approached.

TopBottom

537499139_Inactive (Applicant) 12/17/2005 11:40 AM EST : RE: Trouble

537499139_Inactive
Posts: 25
0
Like
0
Dislike

These loud noises were making Kramer's hangover worse.
He groaned slightly in pain as he leant into the bar, head in his hands.
His attention was grabbed by the sound of  chairs being moved and steel being drawn.
Slowly lifting his head and facing the direction of the commotion Kramerstared intensly with his deep set bloodshot eyes, his greasy long hairhanging down infront of his face, hiding most of it.
His red eyed stare pierced through his hair like a torch through thefog, fixed on someone advancing to the elf who just helped  him.
"You want to behave" said Kramer to the assailant, clencing his fiststightly, his body sprung, ready to pounce. Inside Kramer was itchingfor a fight, he wanted to show his gratitude to the elf that helped himand he now had his chance.
The assailant advanced, sword gripped ever tighter, Kramer dvanced too.
He picked up a barstool by the leg in his right hand and charged, theman reacted quickly swinging his sword down towards Kramer.
Kramer swung the barstool upwards directly into the blade of the sword,both weapons connected. The sword was stuck fast in the barstool,letting go of it Kramer grabbed the guy round the collar with both hands and pulled him inwards, swinging his head backwards and thenforwards in a single powerful movement Kramer headbutted the assailant,upon contact the stranger was unconcious.
The limp body fell to the floor, the mans nose unreconisable in themess of cartledge and blood that was his face. Kramer pounced on top ofthe man placing hard, yet aimed punches into his unconcious face. Thesound of soft flesh given way to bone hitting bone was sickening,patrons of the bar looked on in horror as this dwarf continued to puncha man who should be long dead by now.

Kramer couldnt help himself, he had gone of into a frenzy, the sight ofa woman in trouble sparked his memory of the loss of his dear wife.
It won't happen again
this his only thought.
TopBottom

Ralthoin (Applicant) 12/17/2005 1:57 PM EST : RE: Trouble
Ralthoin
Posts: 104
0
Like
0
Dislike

Rushing over to the dwarf whose fists were pounding the thug he scanned the room for Ranaewen. Blast it girl where the hell are ye? She was nowhere to be seen and the trouble was getting more serious by the second. Ralthoin turned away in disgust as he approached the other dwarf and with the butt of his axe knocked him off the unmoving assailant. "Thats enough!" he growled as the other dwarf spun round to face him. "The rest o' them are outside c'mon." Grabbing the dwarf up with one hand and hefting Gnarlcleave in the other he ran for the door, closely followed by the other. "Stay inside!" he shouted to Keiri undisguised concern lacing his words. As they burst from the tavern, two of the men circling the elf turned to face them, evil in every feature.

"Look at yer bodyguards noo, eh?" the dwarf barked at the elf as he parried a wild swing from one of the henchmen. The dwarf and human broke away taking a few seconds to study each other. His opponent could handle a blade but didn't look used to battle, unlike the dwarf. He gave a wry smile as the familiar ring of steel on steel came like music to his ears. Parries and counterattacks came in quick succession and eventually the dwarf saw his opportunity. Ducking to avoid another blow he then launched himself, Gnarlcleave slicing through the air and at the last second turning to show the flat edge of the axe. His adversary unbalanced by his last swing was too late to bring his sword to bear. The axe connected with a sickening crunch and the man fell to the ground unconcious. Turning back to the other dwarf he grinned as he saw how competent the dwarf was with his own blade.

Turning to the elf he closed in on her enemies, the fire in his eyes reawakened.

TopBottom

537484057_Inactive (Applicant) 12/18/2005 5:37 AM EST : RE: Trouble
537484057_Inactive
Posts: 393
0
Like
0
Dislike

Just as Aristoblis resumed eating his food an explosion of commotion erupted in the room.  Snapping his head up, obvious annoyance on his face, he looks in time to witness a dwarf take a human to the ground with a well placed headbutt.

 

A dwarf’s head turely is harder than steel, Aristoblis thinks with a sly grin, a lesson that one won’t soon forget.

 

Aristoblis assumed for a moment that the commotion was over so he went back to his meal.  Out of the corner of his eye he saw the dwarf launch himself onto the unconscious man; that is when he realized that he was as wrong as he could be.

 

Here we go, he groaned to himself, his right hand sliding into one of his pouches and his left hand gripping his staff.

 

Bearing witness to the events in the tavern, Aristoblis watches the two crash out the front door into the street.  He looks back to the elven maiden and can see a genuine look of worry on her face, he eyes rapidly scaning the room in search of something…but what?

 

No time to ask about that right now; let’s go see what’s going on out here.  Aristoblis rises from his stool and silently slips to the front door.  A quick survey of the situation reveals the dwarves and another elf locked in mortal combat with some thugs.

 

Common street trash, he thinks, hardly worth the effort.  Quickly sizing up the opposition, he sees one of the dwarves fell one of the men.  Locking his gaze on the man squaring off against the elf Aristoblis removes a long slender bone wand from his pouch and takes aim.  He whispers a word of magic and five purple bolts of energy fly from the tip of the wand strike the man true.

 

The man stumbles slightly and groans under the impact of the missiles, the smell of searing flesh filling the air.  The man slumps forward and falls to the ground lifeless.  Please with his results, Aristoblis returns the wand to his robes and moves back to his meal.

TopBottom

537498264_Inactive (Applicant) 12/19/2005 5:04 PM EST : RE: Trouble
537498264_Inactive
Posts: 33
0
Like
0
Dislike

The bloody body on the tavern floor was his queue to leave. Getting up from his chair, the sounds of the battle outside grew louder and more fierce.

Jabari looked about the room for another way out of the tavern, knowing if he left through the main entrance he could be mistaken as a combatant.

What have I gotten myself into, what a mess. Carrying no weapons, he knew he'd have no chance if one of the combatants turned their attention to him. If he stayed his elven... friend may return, and she would likely not be too pleased with him after his earlier performance.

"There had better be an open window up here." Jabari muttered under his breath. Cautiously moving towards the staircase, he gave one last look around the tavern to make sure he wasn't being watched before slinking upstairs, making his exit.
TopBottom

537433874_Inactive (Applicant) 12/22/2005 5:13 AM EST : RE: Trouble
537433874_Inactive
Posts: 247
0
Like
0
Dislike

The other men flanked Whisp.  She whirled between them, attempting to maneuver so that she did not leave her back exposed, her mind spinning with adrenaline.  One of the men swung and caught her shoulder, slicing a ragged line across her back with his dull weapon.  Blood welled and ran down the elven woman’s back.

Keiri looked up from the bloody mess before her on the tavern floor and took in the situation, seeing Ralthoin approaching them with a fierce look.  She focused and began to pray, concentrating her thoughts on the bleeding wound.  

A soft light began to glow but then blinked out abruptly as the tiny priest cried out and bent double, her arms wrapped around her stomach.  Her face crumpled.



***

Ranaewen stood leaning against the back wall of the tavern in a dank little alleyway.  The night was quiet and still around her, except for the faint scrabbling of rats.  A million thoughts raced through her mind as she waited.  Her confrontation with the dwarf disturbed her.  Keiri, Ralthoin, Elisan...people who now aroused a strange feeling of kinship within her.  Anogar.  Even though it had been some days since she had seen the human...an odd lightness shifted in her belly.  She frowned and irritation welled up once again.  Then the tavern door swung open.

The man stepped lightly into the darkness.  A tall, lithe human dressed in leathers stood before her, appraising her with a steady look.  She looked back at him and their gazes locked in a brief contest before he smiled quietly.  “You know how to draw a crowd,” he remarked in a low, rough voice.

She smirked and cocked a hip, her throat arching gracefully in the moonlight.  “What can I say...”  Then her face cleared and she turned to the business of their meeting.  She slipped off a glove to reveal a small purse slung on her wrist.  She upended it into her hand and held the small item up to show him.

He frowned and reached for it, then looked at her sternly as she pulled her hand away.  “Payment first,” she said, her tone measured.

 

TopBottom

537484057_Inactive (Applicant) 12/29/2005 6:56 AM EST : RE: Trouble
537484057_Inactive
Posts: 393
0
Like
0
Dislike

Aristoblis returned from the door just in time to see the priestess slum to the floor in pain.  In what seemed like a single step he covered the distanced between them and was at her side.

 

“Are you wounded?  Have you been hit?” Aristoblis questions her as he quickly looks her over.  Not seeing any obvious wound he quickly scanned the room for any sign of help; that’s when he saw her still steaming concoction on the bar.  Acting without thought he snatched the cup from the bar spilling a little of the liquid on his hand and robe.  The pain from the hot water was nearly imperceptible to him as he returned to the Keiri’s side.

 

“Here, drink some of this, it may help.”

TopBottom

537490989_Inactive (Applicant) 12/30/2005 4:38 PM EST : RE: Trouble
537490989_Inactive
Posts: 302
0
Like
0
Dislike

Whisp felt the power of a spell course over her body preparing herself to react quickly to what ever ill effect was being sent her way. But instead of searing pain or blinding lights Whisp felt a warm wash over her body and a calm feeling of subtle power flow over her body. A spell aiding her in her battle. She was bewilded, but she could not afford to get distracted during the heat of battle, especially a battle in which the odds were no in her favor. As she steady herself to take on her attackers coming from within the bar, she spotted the loud mouthed dwarf and another of his kind charging towards her. She knew it they were in on the coup. She ready to do battle with the dwarfs as they raced towards her and just as she was readying to strike out the dwarfs each slayed one of her assailants. More aid? Now Whisp was totally confused. Those who she had trusted had turned on her and those she had thought ill of now came to her aid. To make her world totally topsy turvy she expected to see the nymph striking down the ringleaders of this coup its self. Instead she saw the nymph down and some unknown person hovering over her. Well if everything was to ring true this day the nymph needed aid. Shoulder to shoulder with the dwafs she shouted at her new stout brothers in arms and pointed in the direction of the nymph. "She needs you help! Save her! Keep going to the back of the tavern. There you'll find a door to an alley way. We can not be here where the local authority arrive. I'll meet you in the alleyway." The dwarfs seemed to not know whether to trust her or not and who could blame them. But if they were to get out of this alive and not in some dungeon she need them to act and act decisively. So with a forcefulness she did not know she had, she shouted "Go! Save your precious nymph NOW! I can take care of these fiends." though this last statement she was not so sure about.
Not waiting for the dwarfs to act, she knew she had to pull out all the stops if she was going to survive tonight. She grabbed on pouch from beneath her rope and threw it towards the front door and a bundle of caltrips scattered across the floor. That show slow the enforcements in their arrival. Now for the guards left untouched as of yet by the dwarfs, she needed scap goats for the local enforcement. Again her hands deftly went beneath her ropes and produced two green bags which she lobbed either side of her. as the bags hit the floor, they split open and vines sprouted outwards entangling the guards and patrons near by. Screams of panic arose. Chaos was ensuing. A perfect time for one to make ones escape. and so Whisp darted for the back door and what she hoped would be an empty alleyway.
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%