Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

zoltando 11/27/2014 6:09 PM
Happy thanksgiving!
Nklos 11/20/2014 1:16 AM
-*Warms hands by the fire.*
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
Second: Creatively - charged bard in the house. Y'all just watch out ;)
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
First: That was a beautiful tribute Vali. Thank you for sharing with us! :)
Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Rising From the Ashes: Dusk Watch RP
537484057_Inactive (Applicant) 4/3/2006 3:49 AM EST : RE: From the Ashes-A gift or a Burden?
537484057_Inactive
Posts: 393
0
Like
0
Dislike

Aristoblis motioned and three messengers ran up to him. “You three, go find all members of the Fellowship and tell them to report at once to the Phoenix tavern. If they ask tell them that the darkness is growing and a new threat is on the horizon. Details will be divulged once all are present. Go at once, and do not delay!”


He took a few gold coins from his robe and placed two in each of the messenger’s hands. They each nodded in understanding and ran out as fast as their feet would carry them.


Aristoblis turned to Whip and said, “I’ll begin making preparations.”


Aristoblis turned to Anduil and said, “I’m glad you’re here, you can help me.” He motioned for the ranger to come closer, then he continued in hushed tones, “We are about to embark on a very dangerous, and quite likely deadly undertaking. We need to make sure everyone is fully prepared. I’d like you to go and gather as much information as you can about this Dragon. Rumors, children’s tales, folk lore…it is all relevant. I’m sure if anyone can track down any solid evidence you can. Besides, your woodland abilities may give you the advantage needed to find any potential lair.”

TopBottom

537490989_Inactive (Applicant) 4/3/2006 9:23 AM EST : RE: From the Ashes-A gift or a Burden?
537490989_Inactive
Posts: 302
0
Like
0
Dislike

Hours had past and only one other had answered the call to arms. This was not a good sign. Every minute some poor soul clammered into the tavern, body ravaged and mind racked by the horrors that they had seen in this cursed town. The lucky ones were those that never knew what hit them, the unluck had seen their doom coming and would be hollow shells of themselves.
Whisp wondered how many had not made it back at all and if any where her commrade in arms. But she had no time to morn things that might be. Matters at hand demanded her attention now. It was time to act.
Whisp moved over to the sleeping cleric and gently shook her from her fittful slumber. "It is time little one. I fear all that are of sound body and mind to come have done so." It was ovious to all that Whisp was terribly worried by the lack of response.
"We three plus yourself shall turn the tides of the evil you foresaw or die trying. So if you have strength enough now let us be on our way for I fear the long we wait the less likly our chances of surviving this ordeal will be."
TopBottom

537678397_Inactive (Applicant) 4/3/2006 5:24 PM EST : RE: From the Ashes-A gift or a Burden?

537678397_Inactive
Posts: 51
0
Like
0
Dislike

Sorenna Shook herself awake in answer to her commanders call. "Oh Whisp, they are growing," she shivered and then pulled herself together with effort. " I think I will need a jewel or some magical device that will aid me to make the dreams my servant instead of their prisoner, otherwise we are doomed before we start." I believe the device could be found in one of the houses, and aristoblis will know it when he sees it. It will be one I can wear. If it is possible take the archon if she dares, for she needs to see something. But if she dares not, " Sorenna shrugs, "the mission will need to go on nevertheless. And with that Sorenna fell back into a sweaty dream like delirum in which it was getting harder and harder for her to emerge.

TopBottom

MasonJar4 (Applicant) 4/4/2006 4:48 AM EST : RE: From the Ashes-A gift or a Burden?
MasonJar4
Posts: 1474
0
Like
0
Dislike

Just then Hope enters the tavern; furrowed brow and deep concentration gripped her face like an alien creature ready to pounce on the nearest infidel.

"You there!" She states with a most commanding voice that only she, Archon, can utter, "Bring her, Aerynlily and the others await our arrival. We leave now!"

Hope turns and marches out the door; her demeanor strong and cold as though she had been in her current state of mind for days. With her history of surviving exorcisms and the presence of the Lady within her mind, Hope was able to focus solely on the target at hand keeping her almost immune to the so-called dream fever.
TopBottom

537678397_Inactive (Applicant) 4/8/2006 3:46 AM EST : RE: From the Ashes-A gift or a Burden?

537678397_Inactive
Posts: 51
0
Like
0
Dislike

Sorenna lay in the tavern, and her mind was on fire as she tried to keep herself from becoming totally under the dominion of those who were calling her from the nightmares. It was soo strong. It was dragon magic. The strongest there was, though the ignorant thought themselves too powerful. But it was a fine balancing act, if she held herself from it, she could not fortell their next move either. And how could that help her guild or the world. She was debating that as she wrestled. Until the archon entered. Then somehow it became crystal clear.....

As Sorenna delibrately cut threw the dream sequence, she saw the beginnings of the problems with the seal taken in the wrong hands and the fires in the dwarf houses. The first series of quests would lay their she thought...and then it began to go awry as the minions of hell fought back. For in the real world, Sorenna's skin began to smoulder and burn as if she was really in the fires of the House of Kandark (?). Now she would need healing and fast, as she lay deeper in the dream trap murmering.... 
TopBottom

537652331_Inactive (Applicant) 4/9/2006 11:44 PM EST : RE: From the Ashes-A gift or a Burden?
537652331_Inactive
Posts: 128
0
Like
0
Dislike

Gladorin came rushing towards the tavern, breathing heavily from the long run inside afull armor. All members knew how much he hated doing that, but he could notignore the call from the guild. The messenger told him that it was urgent andthat the grant mage of the guild gave it to him. The look of his guild membersgathered told him he should be here sooner. Cursing himself for being delayedfrom a challenge which was pointless, with a -too smart for his own sake-warforged at the rusty nail, he entered the tavern walking towards the others. Bowingto Hope and making a nod to the others, he asked without further delay Aristoblis the reason for thisgathering. What he heard made him even more furious. “What, all this troublefor the uneasy sleep of a young child?. Phah, sometimes you worry too much forour members.” But, he knew that he was wrong. Whisp, the wizard and especially theLady were highly experienced, and they could tell when trouble was knocking theguilds door. And if they were worried, the matter was serious. Very serious.

 

TopBottom

537484057_Inactive (Applicant) 4/11/2006 6:34 AM EST : RE: From the Ashes-A gift or a Burden?
537484057_Inactive
Posts: 393
0
Like
0
Dislike

Aristoblis keen elven senses caught the sent of searing flesh before the others had noticed. He began scanning the room and his gaze fell upon the still restless form of Sorenna, her skin blistering and charring from some unseen force.


“What in the nine hells is this?!” The mage’s voice rang out loud throughout the tavern. “Quickly, someone fetch a priest. It appears as though she needs healing and perhaps an exorcism.”


At that moment the tavern door crashed open nearly splintering completely off its hinges. The door latch went skittering across the floor as Bronen came bursting into the room like a charging bull, his great axe in his hand; he was poised and ready for combat. Trailing closely behind Shadow came flipping and tumbling into the room and finally came to rest silently on a tabletop. He quickly surveyed the room and shook his head slowly as he saw there was no immediate threat. Huffing and puffing, Raltar came pumping his dwarven legs as fast as he could. Hefting his new dwarven war axe high over his head he yelled, “Have at ye!”


Raltar came to a skittering halt and scanned the room. “Yew bluttering dolt, ya went ‘n busted down th’ door fer nuthin!” The dwarf chided the fighter as he slung his weapons. “Pay th’ man fer breakin his door, n’ fer the love o’ Reorx put that dern axe away!”


Aristoblis locked eyes with Raltar and motioned for him to come over. Raltar knew at once that this was no social gathering and he hurried to where the others were gathered. Bronen tossed a few coins on the bar and he and Shadow quickly followed. When they reached Sorenna sleeping fitfully on the table, Raltar gasped, “By Reorx beard!” The priest quickly surveyed the extent of the girl’s wounds and set about using his healing art to mend her burned flesh.


“Is she beset by minions of the hells?” Aristoblis voice rang out sharply.


Raltar shook his head, “Not th’t I kin see. She dunna appear ta be under the influence o’ any demon. I’ll keep a close eye on ‘er.”

TopBottom

537484057_Inactive (Applicant) 12/31/2007 12:36 PM EST : RE: From the Ashes-A gift or a Burden?
537484057_Inactive
Posts: 393
0
Like
0
Dislike

 

Rain falls gently around him as he stands in the shadows outside of the Phoenix.  It has been a long long time since he walked through those doors.

Would they remember me?  Would any that I once called friend still be alive?  It has been such a long time...  Aristoblis' mind wanders back to the first time he met the fellowship.  Funny, he thought, the first time I met Hope, Witchfinder, and company it was raining, much like it is now.  A bolt of lightning split the darkness and a loud clap of thunder ripped through the stillness of the night.  Yes, exactly like that.  Aristoblis cracked a slim smile.

Gripping his staff tightly Aristoblis strode forward until he stood just outside the doors of the Phoenix.  The sounds of merriment and revelry could be heard clearly from within.  Ari pulled his hood down a little lower over his face and extended his arm to push the doors forward.

The warmth and light from the many fires spilled out around him.  He paused momentarily and held his breath.  Scanning the room he sighed in relief and disappointment as it appeared as though no one took notice of him.  Rather than making his way to the back where he remembered the Counsel table had once been, he made his way to the bar instead.

"What'll ya 'ave, ol' man?"  The bartender’s voice was both soothing and grating at the same time.  Ari did not take well to being called "old man", even if he was centuries old.  Had he the want he could turn the bartender into a messy smear of smoking goo, but such was not his desire.

In an almost musical voice, Aristoblis said, "My good man, I wonder if you might deliver a note for me to the Fellowship, should they still frequent this establishment."

Not waiting for a response, Ari reached a hand into his crushed purple velvet robes and withdrew a rolled up parchment and a small pouch of coins.  "The message is for them," he continued, "and the coin for you."  His tone slowly turned from friendly to ominous as he added, "Mind you, this parchment is hexed and may only be read by the Fellowship.  Should anyone...ANYone...else try to read it, they should find themselves struck mad and blind for the rest of their days."

The bartender seemed at first to laugh off the warning, but his expressions changed to understanding as he looked upon the cold, grim expression on the wizard's face.  "I...I understand, sir."  His tone was much more somber this time.  He took the note and the pouch, shoving both into his apron before quickly moving to the other end of the bar.

Satisfied that his point was well made, Ari made his way back to the door and paused.  For another moment he let himself be reminded of days gone by, the laughter and the cries that were shared among friends, and finally he pushed the door open and was gone once more.

****  The Note  ****

Dearest Fellowship,

It has been too long since we partook of refreshment and shared stories of our exploits.  Alas, I regret that these may well be the final words I am able to share with you, for you see, my time in this world grows short.  Day by day the pull that draws me back to my home becomes stronger and stronger.  Soon I will no longer be able to resist its call and I will surrender myself to it.  Before that day comes I wanted to revisit my roots in Stormreach and seek out lost friends.  It appears that I may have been too late...unfortunate to say the least.

To old Friends and Fellows I wish golden days and victories a plenty.  To the new faces and those who are unknown to me, honor your Fellowship, it is all you have in this hostile world.

May the gods shine their graces upon the Fellowship.  Be well my Brothers and Sisters.

Aristoblis Spelbinder, former Fellow and Loremaster

TopBottom

Guargouille (Associate) 12/31/2007 2:34 PM EST : RE: From the Ashes-A gift or a Burden?

Tyrynyn
Dalharil (DDO Anonymous)

Guargouille
Posts: 371
0
Like
0
Dislike

*Tyr moved like a ghost through the house, feeling more and more disconnected from reality as memories of the past kept intruding. She found it more than a little jarring to visualize Ruse sitting in that chair, writing, or singing low and sweet about something tragic, then turning a corner and seeing the chair is empty; the walls silent.
Deciding to put away the musings for another time, she slides on worn leather boots over legs wrapped in grey linen and dons the close-fitting tunic above them. A length of lighter fabric is wound loosely about her neck, leaving her unusual coloring visible. Vibrant pink hair darkens as she steps into the rain, framing a face with a startling, inhuman allure. That otherworldly beauty seems to slowly melt, almost as if the rain softens sharp cheekbones to a more mundane cast- subtle changes that make her appear less eye-catching happening in gradual increments until she is just another person that arrives at the Phoenix Tavern.
She steps in without fanfare and heads directly for the bulletin board, sometimes a better guage of the state of the Fellowship than any other medium, and finds a small, heavy scrawl of a notice for any Fellowship member to see the barkeep. This produces a note that raises her eyebrows. It isn't difficult to get the tavern keeper to provide details on the appearance of the person that left the note, and she carefully wind the grey silk fabric at her throat around her head and face until only her eyes are visible. Shortened gloves with no fingers covers her hands and she blurs into a living shadow in shades of grey as she leaves the Phoenix in pursuit of this person.*
Just call me Uma.
Uamhas, Dalharil, Solonora, Avuna, Tyrynyn, Oloth, and more...
View My Dragons


TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%