Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!
Intayazz 11/23/2013 8:39 AM
Yay!

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Wake up, it's a beautiful day...
Geona the Rose (Applicant) 12/6/2006 9:09 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

Geona the Rose
Posts: 28
0
Like
0
Dislike

With a wave of his hand, and small muttering, the helm hiding a handsome man’s face dissolved, and the finely trimmed mustache, and goatee of Sir Jhaimes Howlette the Just could be seen. Opening his eyes, his dark piercing brown eyes, eyes that would both draw you in with a warm gaze, or drive fear into you during battle that would send you fleeing, looked upon the people at the table.


”Forgive me my Lady, I only caught the words spoken. I do believe this week has been exceptionally taxing. I was only mildly slumbering.” with the slightest sound of metal against metal, he moved his feet from the table down to the floor, and as he did the seat he was leaning in against the wall returned to its natural state.


Pulling a sword of length and width that could be mistaken for that of a greatsword the sword made a wonderful ring as it nicked the stone floor, and as his hand gripped the hilt the blade illuminated with a brilliant white fire of goodness. As the light just as quickly dissipated Jhaimes leaned both on the sword, and the table.


”If you are to travel the depths of Stormreach, especially to face goblins and giants, then I insist I escort you, and whomever else of the Fellowship that travels.”


From the shadows slipped a hooded figure, but a wonderfully dangerous voice emanated from it. ”Oh do tone it down, Jhaimes. Of course you would be accepted for such a task, after all not many sane creatures would stand before… for long.”

Pulling the hood back, the medium length black hair hugged light bronze skin of the woman known as Geoana. Her emerald eyes moved the Paladin’s to Lady Hope.


”My Lady.” she spoke softly as she gave a slight bow, all too familiar from the woman.


Stepping closer to the table, her movements were that of a cat’s quiet and graceful, but there was a subtle sway in her hips, and in the casual way she slipped into a chair, with her cloak bellowing just slightly that told you this was all a ruse to draw you off just how deadly, and cold this woman could be.


Smiling just slightly she looked down the wall and crossed her fingers slowly before her, as he head turned to face that of the rest of the Fellowship. “You know me my lady, any opportunity I can to train my blades, I take it. A chance to polish them in hobgoblin, and kobold blood? How could I resist?” As she finished her words a deviously innocent smirk came to her face, as the crystal light reflecting in her eyes gave her a haunting beauty.

TopBottom

MasonJar4 (Applicant) 12/16/2006 8:12 AM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...
MasonJar4
Posts: 1474
0
Like
0
Dislike

Aged timbers absorbing just enough of the ambient voices and  sounds of a typical city tavern.  A motly group huddled in the rear, barely drawing attention from the usual activities of the front bar.

Most would perceive the confidence Mithrian reflected from her Lady Hope, Archon of the Golden Night and it's Fellows.  But for those that had the innate skill, skill a level considered by most as shear talent, Mithrian was nervous as a kobold witchdocter surrounded by warforged.

Ahopiana turns toward Geona sitting across the guild table, a look assuring all just how proud she was of her,  "Geoana, my friend, Mithrian is surely as pleased as I am that you'll be training her how to polish with blood." *winks

Mithrian's nerves seemed to relax at Ahopiana's remark, and nods respectfully at Geona.  Sorgo had written something that Mithrian was sure to be Geona's name on the list of those accompanying her into the caverns below the steam tunnels.  She wasn't sure if he wrote Uxor's or Varro's name after his own, and was now rubber necking to catch a glance of Sorgo's list as Ahopiana spoke again.

"Jhaimes, mi lord Howlette, I believe my services will be needed elsewhere, and would be more than honoured to count you among those by my side.  Shall we speak of the matter post?" Obviously wishing to keep the details of the additional mission a secrete from that of Mithrian and Sorgo's team. 

TopBottom

clanscorpion (Applicant) 12/16/2006 10:44 AM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...
clanscorpion
Posts: 572
0
Like
0
Dislike

Sho enters the tavern with the female elf behind him. As they get closer and more in the light of the fireplace, people could see the elven woman.  She was pale white, blood red hair, and lips.  By her robe and staff, Sorgo made the observation that she is a magic user of some sort.

"Sorry for leaving all," said Sho, "I would like you to meet my *coughs* sister, Axalise Drizzin, Sorceress of Cyre.  She would like to join the fellowship."
TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 12/17/2006 3:45 AM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

*Varro slipped over by Uxor, giving her a knowing look and muttering something quietly in their odd tongue they were seen relaying in speech and writing often. Uxor simply smiled at him*

*At the entrance of the red haired one, and the announcement of a wish to join their numbers, Uxor looked to the others, appraising their reactions to the woman. She then looked to Axalise and gave a slow, deep, seated bow to acknowledge her introduction to them. She was neither smiling nor scowling, but held her ever serious and impartial expression, though the mention of the word 'sister' did cause her to raise a brow*

*Varro also gave a smile that was difficult to discern from sly or pleased, but didn't nod yet. He was never one to pipe up in matters of guild business, other than his reports on the Syndicate and their dealings*
TopBottom

Geona the Rose (Applicant) 12/28/2006 5:14 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

Geona the Rose
Posts: 28
0
Like
0
Dislike

 

Geona gave the nervous drow a nod of reassurance, and then looked over the table to Jhaimes as Lady Hope addressed him.


The subtlest of frowns move upon man’s face, however he pushed it aside as he let a smile move to his lips. Pulling the bastard sword between his legs and letting his armored fingers wrap around the hilt, he leaned against the sword.


”Yes, my Lady. You will have my ear.” As he sat back the soft sound of armor moving against itself could be heard as Jhaimes sat back to see what other details were going to be discussed.

TopBottom

MasonJar4 (Applicant) 1/2/2007 4:32 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...
MasonJar4
Posts: 1474
0
Like
0
Dislike

Immediately Mithrian's unsure expression melted off her face when Geona spoke to her,  like the icicles hanging from tree branches, except the tree was just teleported to a scorching desert of sand dunes,  heat from the sun quickly milking the water droplets into tiny waterfalls.  
    Mithrian was starstruck, not unlike when she was in the presence of Ahopiana, Mithrian didn't know Geona as  she did her Lady Hope.  Ahopiana and Mithrian were inseparable since the day they met -- Mith squatting on the window sill to Hope's room hoping to impress her skills on the Lady securing her recruitment to the guild.  Hope simply sitting on her bed waiting for the drow girl to arrive,  quite unsurprised--the two had spent at the very least a minute or two every day since that night together.  
    Today, it is Geona that impressed Mithrian; knowing her only from the legendary stories.  "I'm to lead her, yeah right, we're all going to know who's really in charge," Mithrian thought to herself sarcastically.


Ahopiana was looking at Mith, and waiting for the drow girl to realise it.  She cleared her throat to get Mith's attention.  Mithrian stood up and and addressed the group, " Right, so we leave first thing in the morning, Sorgo, you and Anaxlise will need to get a good night sleep.  We'll  meet at the Steam Tunnels at daybreak."  
    Mithrian looks to Uxor and Geona for a nod a approval, knowing well and sure that Ahopiana and Sho already did.  

TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 1/2/2007 4:37 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

*Uxor grinned with closed eyes like a content cat, then nodded her head and brought a fist up to her chest in a bowed salute of approval*

*Varro fussed with paperwork beside her, getting his notes in order - should they need to be reviewed - concerning rumors of the city, the business of their allies, and other matters that might benefit the leadership*
TopBottom

Geona the Rose (Applicant) 1/2/2007 10:20 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

Geona the Rose
Posts: 28
0
Like
0
Dislike

 

”Alright. I’ll meet your there, my lady. Then I might retire to a bed myself. A nice soothing bath, and change of tunics and what not would be nice. I just returned from Stormcleave.

I was doing a bit of patrolling for House Deneith, and unfortunately some of the lesser guards there were not ready for a minotaur attack, and situation turned from impersonal, to personal quickly.”
With that Geona. Gave a nod to Mithrian, as slinked away from the table, and disappeared into the smoke, and darkness of the Tavern.


After Geona left, Jhaimes gave her a wave as she moved away, and moved to his feet. With a nod to everyone, he let his eyes linger upon Ahopiana for a moment. As her eyes finally came to his he gave her a quick nod, and then moved off away from the table, and waited for her.


Slipping his sword into its scabbard, he waved his hand over his face and whispered a small incantation and the helmet revealed itself for all to see. Slowly he took it off, and shook his hair out, letting lengthy black strands fall down. Slowly his dark brown eyes cast about the tavern. Almost subconsciously, Jhaimes had to pull his focus back as he found himself scanning for any illegal activities.


While he was not of the city guard, his knighthood would give him power enough to detain someone, until he could turn them over to the City Guard. Shaking his head he found his eyes soon wondering over his armor, and his jewelry, his cloak, and his ornament. For a man that had forsaken vanity, he felt as such a hypocrite at the moment. However, it was the knowing that each piece he wore was enchanted with a spell to better him, and give him a stronger chance in battle.


Thinking back over his adventures he could remember a time when the thought of facing a giant brought a bit of trepidation to his mind. However, now Jhaimes confident in his skill with his sword, his grasp of tactics, appreciation of strategy, and his knowing he could take quite a few hits left him with what many thieves have mistaken for arrogance. However, Jhaimes knew full well that it was the cold as steel will and determination he had found and forged in himself from when he was a young brash boy.

TopBottom

538048955_Inactive (Applicant) 1/3/2007 12:54 PM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...

538048955_Inactive
Posts: 632
0
Like
0
Dislike

 *Varro glanced over at the mention of the troubles with the minotaurs. He always seemed to have a cool look pass over his features when there was mention of the House Deneith, and he frequently tried to mask the disdain with a muted smile. It could hardly be called a smile in truth. Once things were more settled, he flattened out his parchments*

Well, my lady, before you retire to your planning and travels, I've the following information of varying importance.

*he skimmed over his scrolls, all of which were written in his odd script he was frequently seen scratching out*

It seems the Wolves, our allies, have formed an allegance with a clan known as the Blue Line. I've had the opportunity to quest with some of these Blue Line folk. No signs of a conflict of interests in that regard, they seem very fine, so we've nothing to fear of the Wolves placing themselves in an awkward position.

Meanwhile it seems the lady Jezzy was planning on hosting city games on the same eve as our sparring games, but I've managed to negotiate on that front and thus they'll be competition for participants now. There games are some twenty four days from now or so. They've extended a warm invitation to our members if they're inclined to join in the festivities.

As for gossip, word has it the Coin Lords are very pleased with our series of events and our work for the citizens, and they may yet be testing our skills. *he leaned in slightly* word has it, my Lady, that we may be the next chosen to subdue Velah... but that is only hearsay.

Word has also passed my ears that there may be a change in leadership at the Syndicate, with one of their council stepping down. Again, only rumor. Every rumor has its basis in some grain of the truth though *he shrugged slightly at the notion*

Well... if you require anything further of me, do cast a sending... otherwise I'll continue with my gestures of good will about the city on our behalf *and he got up from the table, bowing low to Hope*

*Uxor nodded to Varro and as he was leaving, she in turn also slid up from the table, making gestures to Hope implying that she was to rest before their journey to the steam tunnels. She then in turn also bowed low and rigidly as a soldier, and situated her belongings. She looked to have a few new 'toys' on her, but one was not entirely foreign. She was wearing a rapier that oozed chill from the scabbard, and the make looked to be the rapier that Varro frequently carried*
TopBottom

clanscorpion (Applicant) 1/4/2007 1:13 AM EST : RE: Wake up, it's a beautiful day, to to set our mind...
clanscorpion
Posts: 572
0
Like
0
Dislike

Sorgo nodded and gave a salute, but then stopped because everyone was looking at him. "Sorry, a knight thing with orders, leaders missions--ok, um i'll go rest now." Sorgo turned around and started walking.

"Sorgo," Sho called to him, "Show Axalise to my room, I have other things to do than sleep tonight." Sorgo nodded and walked Axalise upstairs.  "All right," said Sho, "Is their anything I need to do in person?

TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%