Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!
Intayazz 11/23/2013 8:39 AM
Yay!
Aluatris 11/22/2013 8:14 PM
Dearly beloved, Ready your dancing shoes...

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto (Member) 5/25/2011 8:09 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

"For one who walks the Wind, your idiocy is remarkable." The half-elf's voice oozes scorn. He shifts his stance slightly towards the side, and raises the longbow in his left hand. He flicks his right wrist, a dismissive gesture, and a dark purple, almost black, mass of arcane energy begins to form around his fingers, defining itself in the vague shape of a projectile--probably an arrow.

He lowers his bow slightly to "nock" the arcane arrow, his eyes never leaving the lich. "We are outside the house, as you have said." His voice still bears scorn, but his face is curiously blank. "Do you intend to carry out your personal 'sentence'"--he twists the word the way one would twist a knife--"in your present condition? I prefer not, but I do not command your actions."

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/25/2011 8:18 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

Arachan laughs. "You are unwise indeed. You cannot possibly hope to win, for even if you destroy this body, another can be perpared. Then I will hunt you. It is your choice, mortal, whether you wish to live or die. If you wish to live, you had best control that tongue of yours, or find somewhere else to wag it."
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/25/2011 9:05 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

"I do not seek victory." Reuken's voice is deadly quiet, and his blank expression gives way to a slash of a smile. "I know your kind's tricks enough to know that you will not accept the final embrace so easily, but I will sooner accept mine than remain silent, currying the favour of someone who wants me dead just to satisfy his personal opinion of 'justice', regardless of what I choose."

He narrows his eyes. "Call me a fool if you wish, windwalker. But I consider silence a greater act of foolishness."

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/25/2011 9:13 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

Arachan looks a Reuken for a few moments, then bends the upper half of his body in what could almost be considered a bow. "Forgive me, I spoke wrongly. You are rude, and you have committed a crime, both of which you will pay for, but you are not as unwise as I believed. If you seek death, it is yours. If you do not, it shall find you soon enough."
TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/25/2011 9:21 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries listens to this exchange in silence.  Her face grows paler and more set as she moves to stand beside Xymorel and the unconscious Leon.  At Arachan's last statement she cuts in, voice like a whip-crack in the quiet street.

"Enough."  Xyries looks at the lich.  "Arachan, you have restored to us our friend and harmed his foe.  We will not forget this."  She is peripherally aware of Xymorel's quick nod.  "But I will no longer lower my wards for you.  Go, please."  She turns to look at Reuken.  Her tone does not warm as she speaks to him. 

"As for you, Reuken Kjersti, I hope that you will now consider your vow fulfilled.  If so, I urge you to seek your own destruction elsewhere than near my hearth and my," Xyries takes a deep breath, "family."

Xyries kneels beside Leon and begins to haul the inert Aereni up over one shoulder.  He is not very heavy, and she has carried bodies before.
TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/25/2011 9:37 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike


Arachan looks at Xyries, and then gives a similar bow to the one he gave Reuken. "As you wish it, so shall it be, Cleric. Good evening to you." Arachan speaks a word, and then is gone.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/26/2011 12:30 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken's face remains frozen, with only a lift of his eyebrows to indicate surprise. That expression is all too quickly replaced with eyes narrowing in suspicion, but he does not speak a word until Arachan is gone. He remains in his stance for several more seconds before lowering his longbow and dismissing the arcane arrow with a flick of the wrist and a smile, partly amused and partly rueful, as he watches the dark purple mass dissolve into motes spilling upward between his fingers like dry sand.

"The Wind embraces all in time, but I will consider it when the time comes," he replies dryly, then begins to chuckle. "It will perhaps disappoint you to know that I specified my oath to end with the betrayer's death, not incarceration, however eternal." The scorn in the last word is palpable. "And I will never betray an oath given."

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/26/2011 1:30 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries, already standing with Leon draped over one shoulder, receives this information without a change in facial expression, though her posture grows a little stiffer.

You should have known better than to suppose it would be that easy.

"I see," she says.  "Then I am to be afflicted with you for some time yet."

"Some time yet? F-forever," Xymorel says, staring at Reuken.  "Or as long as you're l-likely to live, Xyries."

"An oath is an oath, Xymorel," says the cleric, and turns toward the open door of her house.  "Come in, Thelydd.  I will heal you as well.  Xymorel, if you would put out the mattress and the wound sheet?"  Leon is covered in dirt and blood, and his clothing is damp.  The thicker sheet she keeps downstairs for emergency cases should suffice until he regains consciousness.

Xymorel nods and runs back into the house.  The halfling, who has been leaning with increasingly drooping posture against the wall, shakes her head, then winces.

"Right, Cleric.  Obliged."  Thelydd follows Xyries back into the house, her footsteps inaudible after the cleric's firm ones. 

Xyries waits for the moment it takes Xymorel to wrestle the mattress out from under the stairs and spread the wound sheet over it.  Then she sinks slowly to one knee and lays Leon down on it as carefully as she can.  He still seems to have a death grip on the trinket in his left hand.

Xyries brushes her hands off as she stands up.  Then she turns to Thelydd and extends a hand.  The aura of divine power rises once more.

"Cure Serious Wounds."

The halfling is very still for a moment as the spell takes effect.  Then she shakes herself vigorously.

"That's a damn sight better, that is.  Thank you kindly."

Xyries just shakes her head.  "Deduct it from my debt, if you like."

"Sure," says Thelydd.  "Won't charge you for equipment replacement."  She shakes one wrist, causing a wicked little throwing dagger to fall into her hand, and holds it up carefully, making no sudden movements.  Her pale, narrow eyes flicker to Reuken periodically.  "Wizard ruined all my cures and 'alf my sparkle-sharps."

"Very well," Xyries says.  She gestures at a chair.  "Tell me all of it."

Xymorel seats herself on the mattress beside Leon, as close as she can physically get without touching him, and seems prepared to wait there.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/26/2011 1:51 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

"The enthusiasm is mutual," is the half-elf's only reply to Xyries' comment before following the group into the house, stopping to check that the deadbolt is in place. He takes his usual position beside the doorway, rests his longbow against the wall beside him, and begins to unwrap the studded wraps covering his palms, his motions steady and unhurried.

He does not appear to notice Thelydd's frequent glances, or if he did, he gave no sign.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

Sunky (Member) 5/26/2011 1:55 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

A small quiet groan signifies Leon's return to consciousness. His vision is still dark and blurry, and he can make out the outline of a human female near him. His body is stiff and he still feels a dull residual pain from his arm and leg. He looks up at the now somewhat clearing image to see Xymorel's image come into focus.

He tries to sit up, but his body protests and his feeble attempt slumps back down into the bed. He feels the trinket still clenched tightly in his hand and finally let's go of it, letting it dangle freely on it's chain around his wrist, it's shape marked into his hand from the pressure. Leon let's out a sigh, then weakly mumbles, "bloody necros."

TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%