Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!
Intayazz 11/23/2013 8:39 AM
Yay!
Aluatris 11/22/2013 8:14 PM
Dearly beloved, Ready your dancing shoes...

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Exploratory Forces
SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 2:04 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries stands in front of another chair.  She looks at Reuken, and her eyes are flat and dark in her pale face.  She says nothing.

Xymorel straightens, moving her hand from Leon's shoulder to his chair.  Her eyes flicker between her sister and Arachan with something like horror.

"Xyries?"

"The accusation is just," Xyries says.

"B-but the girl is alive now," Xymorel says.  "Isn't she?"

"Yes," Xyries says.  "I raised her."

"Then why k-kill him?"

Xyries turns to look at her sister.  Her voice is not loud, but the tone is acid.

"Do you believe this is a good man, daughter of the line of Trannyth?" She gestures at Reuken.

"N-no," Xymorel says frankly.  "He t-terrifies me." She shivers as she looks at him now, at the hard, proud face and the cold yellow eyes.  "But he is a p-powerful fighter, and he wishes also to d-destroy the Banelord.  Can you spare such an ally?"
TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/16/2011 2:08 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

"I have no wish for an ally who would knife me in the back because I did not say what he wanted, when he wanted. I would think that mortals would shun that "ally" even more than one such as myself."
TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 2:15 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

It takes every iota of Xymorel's strength not to flinch from the venom in the lich's voice.  She still remembers his face at the Open Palm Inn, some nights.  They are not good ones.  But Xymorel does not want to see a thinking being's death tonight, not for her own sake, not for Leon's, who still sits slumped in his chair.

She looks Xyries in the eye, firming her tone by a tremendous effort of will.

"Can you watch one d-die whom you have healed - cleric?"

This blow strikes true.  Xyries stiffens visibly.  Her gaze drops away from Xymorel's.

"You know that I cannot," she says.  She raises her head, expression blank again.  "Arachan, I withold my permission.  you will not attempt to kill Reuken while he is within my home."

TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/16/2011 2:20 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

Arachan nods to Xyries, and turns back to Reuken. "I, Lord Arachan d'Lartil, find you guilty of the unlawful murder of the Drow Shurjra, and condemn you to death. The mistress of this house requires that I not carry out that sentence in her home. Pray that I never meet you outside of it."

Arachan returns to looking at Leon and the others, and does not look at Reuken again, for he is already dead to him. "Leon may help me to defeat the Banelord, who sent these parties of undead, but you two must not come. It is not safe."
TopBottom

Sunky (Member) 5/16/2011 2:32 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

Leon looks daggers at Arachan, "Who is helping who, exactly? Bloody necro Banelord is much higher on my list than you of *censored* necros from the war that the world would be better off without. But if you wish to come, so be it. Just need to find where the bloody necro is cowering."

TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/16/2011 2:35 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

"I know where he is, Leon, and I have priveleged information about him. If you were to go without me, you would end up as your men did."
TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 2:39 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries does not attempt to argue with Arachan, nor does she return Xymorel's startled glance.  The concept of Arachan expressing concern for her well-being is still entirely alien, Xymorel thinks; she does not entirely believe in it.

"But how do you know this?" Xyries asks.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/16/2011 2:41 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken meets Arachan's gaze steadily, yellow eyes hard as flint as the lich pronounces his death sentence. He will not betray fear. He will never betray fear.

"So be it, windwalker." His voice is steady, each syllable cutting.

As the lich diverts his attention to speak to the others, Reuken breaks his gaze as well, looking from Xymorel to Xyries with a slight frown, brow furrowed as if in bemusement. With a slight shake of his head, the half-elf slowly sits back in his chair, rests his blades in his lap, and leans his head forward, wincing a little as a muscle spasms in the back of his neck.

As he finally relents to his growing exhaustion, the words of the other occupants around him fade into a pale haze.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/16/2011 2:43 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

"You remember the girl you helped, I hope? She has served him. She has given me her estimation of his strength, and is bound to know a good deal more. I am certain she will tell me everything she knows about him. She is rather eager to serve; I fear she has known little else."
TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 2:47 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries tracks Reuken's movement, wary of sudden violence, but he now seems to be slumped in the chair with his eyes closed.

She turns back to Arachan, and her nod is almost, not quite a bow.

"Then I will pray for your victory and your safe return," she says.  She turns to Leon.  Her sister still hovers protectively beside his chair.  "You are welcome to stay the night here, if you wish.  There is the spare room, and we have an additional mattress as well.  Xymorel and I will share it."
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%