Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Exploratory Forces
SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 6:04 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xymorel shivers, but she does not attempt to stop Reuken.  Xyries has gone completely limp, eyes shut; she no longer seems aware of what is happening.  Xymorel flinches again at the clatter of the pauldron hitting the floor, but this, at least, is not unexpected.

She turns in the doorway to speak to Leon.

"There's a b-bath down the hall," she says.  "If you'd like to w-wash up."  The smell of alcohol reminds her of their first meeting, and she does not particularly want to remember that.

Reuken has Xyries' cuirass off by the time she turns back around.  Floorboards rattle as it hits them.  Xyries wears a plain linen shirt and trousers under the armor; she is by no means unclothed.  But still, this is Reuken, to whom she spoke so coldly earlier...

"I d-don't think she would like that," Xymorel says, leaning against the doorpost.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/16/2011 6:21 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken gives Xymorel a quick glance before turning back to Xyries, bending over to begin unbuckling her greaves.

"My role is to defend her, not to curry her favour." His voice is flat.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 6:33 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

"That must m-make things easy for you," Xymorel says dryly.  She watches closely, but Xyries shows no sign of stirring.  Her breathing is shallow but regular.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/16/2011 6:42 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

As the final piece of armour clatters to the floor, Reuken remains kneeling there, the lines and scars marring his face drawing in and deepening at Xymorel's comment. Shaking his head, he slowly gets to his feet and begins to position Xyries on the bed, finishing by tugging out the blanket from under her to cover her body with.

Looking down at the cleric's insensate form, the half-elf smiles, a distant, faintly rueful smile that does nothing to lighten the severity of his features. "Sometimes."

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 7:08 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xymorel looks at her sister for a moment.  She seems pale and drawn in the weak light from the hallway's everbrights, but Xyries is always pale.  Xymorel steps out into the hallway, leaving Reuken room to follow without any possibility of accidental contact.

"Th-thank you," she says quietly.  "I could not - " She makes a helpless gesture.  "I know everyone is a-angry at you right now, but I appreciate it."
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/16/2011 7:20 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken steps out of Xyries' room, stopping to turn around and quietly close the door so as to not wake the cleric. He stands there, staring blankly at the door before blinking and turning his head towards Xymorel, passing her a nod of acknowledgment at her thanks. Under the illumination of the everbright lamps, no one could miss how fatigue had clouded his eyes and deepened the valleys on his features.

"In a manner," he replies, his voice slightly hoarse, "I owe you a debt, too. You spoke up for my life when you had no reason to. I cannot ignore that." He gives a minute shrug towards the guest room. "Consider that repayment."

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

Sunky (Member) 5/16/2011 7:20 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

Leon sighs and mumbles something incomprehensible, exhausted and drained he decides to take liberty to retreat to one of the other rooms, which he had used once before. Shutting the door behind him he settles onto the barren floor and closes his eyes, his arcane abilities summoning arrows and the imbueing them with undead slaying energies. He worked slowly throughout the night, carefully inspecting each finished project and ensuring only the finest quality make their way into his quivor. Most do not pass his inspection, and dissipate back into magical ether to be crafted again. Through diligent and tedious work, by the next morning Leon has his quivor full with satisfactory arrows, and the tedious work helps to occupy and clear his mind from the other thoughts swimming around his head.

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 7:48 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xymorel turns her head at the sound of the other door closing.  Leon is never an elf of many words.  When she turns back she stands face-to-face with Reuken.  She resists the urge to back up further.  His expression is not angry, no more than were his words. 

"I d-don't think anyone's ever said that to me," Xymorel says.  "I am everyone's debtor, you know."  Wide eyes trace the lines of exhaustion in Reuken's stern face.  She is not tired herself.  She very seldom is.

"G-go on downstairs," she says.  "The mattress is laid out, and you look about half d-dead."  She frowns.  "Half-elves do sleep, d-don't they?"
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/16/2011 8:06 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

A corner of Reuken's lip twitches. "They do sleep, little cub, but they cannot be put to sleep. There is a difference."

His hand lifts to massage the back of his neck before glancing towards the guest room again. Despite the catnap he took earlier, the stress and recent exertions left him having a hard time currently keeping his eyes open, and following Xymorel downstairs to rest seems eminently preferable. Maybe he should...

The Black Wind embraces us all, but the weak and unwary hear its cry sooner. Get up, cub.

No, Dragon. Tired...

Get up, insolent cub, or you will embrace it here and now. Rebirth is well within our powers, as you will soon find out.

"Go, little cub," the half-elf grunts, rubbing one eye, then the other. "Take your rest, and I will stay and keep watch."

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 8:23 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

"S-suit yourself," Xymorel says, and turns toward the stairs.  She is willing to bet he will end up asleep across the threshold.  With any luck, Xyries won't trip over him in the morning.

There's no point in telling Reuken she will not sleep herself.  Xymorel sleeps one night in two or three since her arrival in Stormreach, and even that requires significant application of the Calm Emotions philtre.  Besides, she wants to have tea ready when Xyries wakes up again.
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%