Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Nklos 11/20/2014 1:16 AM
-*Warms hands by the fire.*
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
Second: Creatively - charged bard in the house. Y'all just watch out ;)
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
First: That was a beautiful tribute Vali. Thank you for sharing with us! :)
Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto (Member) 5/25/2011 4:49 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken meets Xyries' gaze evenly, eyebrows furrowing an otherwise expressionless face as the news being shouted, then demonstrated downstairs, sinks in. He raises a hand at face level and flexes his fingers, and in the present lighting, it is difficult to miss the leather and cloth wrapping his palms, dotted with studs where the knuckles would be. It may just be the light, but there is something about the way that the steel protrusions reflect the everbrights that makes the reflected light seem colorless, cold, and full of edges to match the blades resting in his sheaths.

The half-elf tightens a few knots on his handwraps, first one hand and then the other, before pushing himself off the wall to follow the cleric, grabbing his longbow in the process. His face is steady, almost grim.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/25/2011 5:08 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Thelydd is about to knock on the front door of the cleric's house when she hears the bolt being shot back.  She lowers her hand as the door swings inward.  Xymorel Trannyth looks down at the halfling in evident puzzlement for a moment before her gaze travels past her, to the prone Aereni and the lich leaning exhausted on a staff.  The human's eyes widen, and she says back over her shoulder,

"Hurry."

Thelydd moves quietly to lean on the house front, choosing the deepest shadow she can find purely out of habit.  Xyries Chorster steps out into the street, looking neat and straight as the last time Thelydd saw her.  The rogue herself is feeling a little bent.  Her clothes and hair are soaking wet, joints aching from exertion.  Things are beginning to zoom in and out a little as she tries to focus on them.  She pulls off the wet kerchief from her hair and wrings dirty water out of it, then begins to dab idly at her bloody ears as she watches the others.

Xyries nods at Arachan as she kneels beside the elf.  Then she raises a sardonic eyebrow at Leon, reaching out to attempt to roll him over onto his back.

"Hold still," she says sternly, high soprano piercing in order to override the stream of curses.  "I cannot heal you until I have ensured that your arm is set."

Behind her, Xymorel Trannyth stops beside the doorway, moving well away from the half-elf on the threshold.  She stands with arms folded tight around herself, gnawing on a fingernail.  She stares at the elf with wide-eyed worry, but Thelydd can only approve her decision to stay out of the cleric's way.

Thelydd turns an appraising look on the one she knows must be Reuken Kjersti.  It's a little difficult to make her eyes focus on him, but she manages.  She's heard a few things about the half-elf.  He'll be the one to watch for the next few minutes.
TopBottom

Sunky (Member) 5/25/2011 6:07 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

Leon's curses lower to quiet mumbles as he holds his broken arm out for the cleric. His good hand has his trinket in it, and brings the trinket to his forehead as if hoping close proximety would provide added effect as he activates it's calming aura. The aura takes immediate effect, and Leon's mumbling subsides, but it also takes away his fight against unconciousness as his eyes start to become heavy and the world quickly grows dark and fuzzy.

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/25/2011 6:46 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries watches dispassionately as Leon's eyes roll upward.  She is listening for it, so she hears the soft hiccup that is her sister trying to stifle a gasp of dismay.

"It is just as well," Xyries says coolly, over her shoulder.  "This would hurt terribly if he were able to feel it."

She carefully realigns the two broken bones in the elf's muscular forearm.  There is a soft click as the ends of the fibula and tibia come together.  Then she uses one hand to brace the arm against her armored thigh as she raises the other, performing the gesture of devotion required to complete the spell.

"Cure Critical Wounds."

Torn flesh begins to knit under her hand.
TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/25/2011 6:50 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

Arachan watches the healing silently. After it is done, he walks slowly over to Xyries, and announces, "The Banelord is defeated. It will trouble us no longer."
TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/25/2011 6:57 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries checks the pulse in Leon's newly healed arm, ensuring the fingers now have blood supply.  Then she looks up at Arachan.

"I note that you say defeated rather than destroyed," she says.

Xymorel knows her sister well enough to know that if she has stopped looking at her patient, he will certainly survive.  She moves to stand beside them in the street, looking worriedly from Xyries to Reuken to Arachan.

Thelydd, standing back against the wall, says nothing.  She has business yet with the cleric, but it will wait.
TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/25/2011 7:13 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

Arachan nods at Xyries. "That is because it is defeated and not destroyed. I was left with no spells to finish it quickly, and therefore I exiled it eternally. It was safer that way. If it becomes neccesary, I can always go back and destroy it. As I assess it, it is powerful but without great skill. It will fall if it escapes." 

Arachan keels over for a moment after speaking these words, then straightens. "I am afraid I have worn this body. Skilless though it be, it is no easy task to imprison such a creature."
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/25/2011 7:26 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

A frown passes over Reuken's face as he glances from the two humans, then to the lich, before finally resting on the halfling looking so intently at him. She seemed so familiar to his well-worn brain, but he isn't entirely sure if that familiarity is from a possible previous meeting long forgotten, or all the unrelated memories her presence invoked bleeding into a mistaken sense of recognition. He ignores her for the time being, instead focusing on Arachan.

The half-elf could feel the cold studs of his handwraps digging into his knuckles as he watches the lich from his position in the threshold. The frown quickly drains from his face to be replaced with a faintly curious, almost derisive, expression.

"A curious choice of words," he replies, his voice even and quiet. Too quiet. "Fit for a forked tongue." He pauses briefly, then smiles, a smile that would have made raging anger preferable, and briefly studies his metal-studded knuckles. "I wonder how long such imprisonment would hold before some fool, willing or not, undoes your work?"

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/25/2011 7:29 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

"I see."  Xyries lays Leon's arm down beside his body and stands up.  She has heard Reuken's barbed response, but that is secondary.  Arachan should not have had to remind her what her first purpose is, she tells herself sternly.

Xyries extends a hand toward the lich, aiming carefully so that no other will be struck by the spell she intends to use.  She loathes the use of dark energy, but her healing spells would only further injure the being in front of her.  Her other hand traces a darker symbol.  It is a prayer to Dol Dorn rather than to Olladra.

"Harm."
TopBottom

Archie (Member) 5/25/2011 7:46 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

Arachan listens to the words of Reuken, then says, "You are not in the house of Xyries. You would be wise to watch your tongue." When Xyries uses harm, he nods slightly in thanks. "It is well appreciated, Cleric." He straightens his form and returns to glaring at Reuken.
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%