Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Nklos 11/20/2014 1:16 AM
-*Warms hands by the fire.*
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
Second: Creatively - charged bard in the house. Y'all just watch out ;)
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
First: That was a beautiful tribute Vali. Thank you for sharing with us! :)
Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Exploratory Forces
Archie (Member) 5/16/2011 2:58 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

"Thank you for your prayers. May the Host be with you all. Leon, I will meet you at the Phoenix tomorrow. Goodnight." Arachan steps back from the others, and teleports.
TopBottom

Sunky (Member) 5/16/2011 3:11 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

Leon nods at Xyries, "My mind would rest much easier if I were in a house warded against undead this night."

He then looks up to Xymorel and sighs, "I am... sorry to have been drinking again, I was weak."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 3:24 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xymorel kneels beside Leon's chair and says very quietly (She is not sure whether or not Reuken can hear):

"F-forget it.  Who is weaker than I am? But now we n-need your strength."

As Xymorel speaks to Leon, Xyries moves to the front door and raises a hand to each doorpost again.  It is much more difficult to recreate what she has destroyed.  Power flows from her into the house, retracing the path of each severed thread.  Strength seems to drain from her body at the same time.  It takes only a minute to complete the process, but it seems a subjective hour.

Xyries turns very carefully toward the staircase.  It seems a mile high now.  She is too tired to muster any real scorn as she says to Reuken,

"Come.  I will show you your room."

She waits to see his eyes open before she turns and starts the long climb, one hand on the wall for support.

"Oh," Xymorel says, standing up quickly.  "I'll g-get the mattress."  She notices only that Xyries is on her way upstairs.  She is intent on digging the great lump of feather bedding out from under the staircase.  There's a smaller linen cupboard there as well, holding the clean sheets for it.

"Need some help?" Leon asks.

Xymorel straightens, dragging the bulky object backward.

"Certainly not," she says, with exaggerated dignity.  "I do know how to p-put sheets on a mattress, you know.  Besides, you have done a g-great deal for me already."

"Then I guess you'll have to bake me a cake some time," Leon says.

"Ah, now th-there you are out of luck," Xymorel says, stretching a fitted sheet across a corner of the mattress.  "I am a t-terrible cook.  Cakes made by me are invariable c-completely charred."

The two continue to chat idly for a couple of minutes as Xymorel adds another sheet and a duvet to the mattress.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/16/2011 12:10 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

At the sound of a voice in his direction, Reuken's eyes snap open. Still half in and half out of his dreamlike haze, the cleric before him eluded recognition. Who is she? Why is she here? Why am I here?

The wind blows...

Reality asserts itself, tearing apart the haze of confusion, and the dazed look in the half-elf's eyes is quickly replaced with neutrality. Even though Xyries' voice bears neither ice nor scorn, he suspects that it is more out of exhaustion than any actual amity, a point only reinforced by her sagging posture as she faces the staircase.

Wordlessly, he stands up. Fatigue still pricks the corners of his consciousness, but he wills himself to ignore it, to concentrate on moving one foot in front of the other as he follows the cleric.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 1:08 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries pauses just past the top of the stairs, attempting to orient herself.  She has lived in this house her entire life, but everything seems to be happening at one remove, as if it is at the other end of a long hallway.  Her armor seems incredibly heavy.  For a moment she is actually disoriented by the fact that her legs do not hurt; she has to forcibly remind herself that she has not worn a cilice in twelve years.

The upstairs landing is not large.  There are two doors on either side and one more facing her, the modern convenience her aunt installed when she was a small child.

Xyries manages not to stagger as she moves to the further door on her left.  She twists the knob and pushes the door open.  There are clean sheets on the guest bed.   There are always clean sheets on the guest bed. The only other furnishings are a dresser and a night stand.

She moves to one side to allow Reuken room to enter.  Something seems odd about the way he moves, but she can't focus on it.  Exhaustion insulates her from everything but the most basic of facts.

"There are further linens in the cupboard, should you require them," she says, her own voice tinny and distant in her ears.  "The convenience is down the hall.  You will of course find whatever - "

The voice stops.  Xyries wonders for a moment where it has gone.  She raises a hand to her eyes, but both hand and face feel oddly numb.

Reuken is speaking, asking if she requires help.

"No," Xyries manages, and tries to take a step toward the door.  Her legs are suddenly uncooperative.  She is quite surprised to find the half-elf there in front of her, holding her up with a tight grip on her arms.  She looks blearily at the white knuckle nearest her.  It's a good thing she has armor on.  Otherwise that would probably hurt.

But this is Reuken! Reuken, who has committed murder! Reuken, who showed no remorse!  Xyries stiffens her spine, willing herself awake as she glares into the yellow eyes.

"Release me at once," she hisses at the half-elf.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/16/2011 3:35 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

A faint, patronising smirk cracks Reuken's scarred face as he maintains his grip on Xyries, displaying no intention of releasing her. He had seen such examples of sheer exhaustion before--most often from his charge after a long day of tasks and assignments--and a small part of him wondered how well the angry cleric would hold up once he released his grip. That part is quickly squelched as the larger part of his tired mind reasserts itself. A bodyguard is more than a mere weapon. They are also...

"Insolent cub." His voice reeks of amusement as he smiles down at Xyries' face, the look in his amber eyes reminiscent of a parent looking at a temperamental child. "You have already proven yourself incapable of standing. Either accept my help, or I will drag you by the ear to this bed"--he nods his head towards the article of furniture in question--"and tie you down to it."

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 3:48 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

"I do not require your help."

Xyries places a hand on Reuken's chest armor and pushes.  Nothing happens.  He does not let go.

Downstairs, Xymorel has finished arranging the bedding.  She stands with hands on hips, looking at it for a moment.  Then she looks up at Leon.

"I wonder what's t-taking so long? I thought Xyries would be b-back by now."

Leon sighs heavily and hauls himself upright out of the chair.

"Maybe we'd better go check," he says.

Xymorel starts up the stairs.  She moves faster as she hears Xyries' furious voice, the words  indistinguishable.  She attains the landing in time to see Xyries in the doorway of the guest room, head drooping.  Reuken has a firm grip on each of her arms.  She seems to be weakly trying to push him away.

Xymorel takes a deep, startled breath.  She is hardly aware of the arcane power spiraling up around her as she clenches her fists.  Smoke rises from one of them.

"Xyries?" She glares at Reuken, sputtering inarticulately.  "What are - What have you - "

Xyries stops trying to escape.

"No, Xymorel," she says clearly, in the voice of patient exasperation that Xymorel has heard many times in the last few months.  "I am only - very tired..." The last word trails off as she slumps forward.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/16/2011 4:40 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

As he catches the familiar smell of brimstone, Reuken fires Xymorel a glare of pure murder, him being little capable of doing else due to bracing Xyries' armoured body against his arms. Fear is a catalyst as much as paralyser, a calm, cool voice echoes in his weary psyche. Even the most timid creature can break into fits of violence where their displayed strength is more than expected.

Despite his fatigue, irritation sharpens the half-elf's voice to crack the air like a whip. "Stay your power, girl," he snaps, "unless you intend to immolate your sister as well."

If his hands were free, he would have crossed his fingers. As it is, he mutters something under his breath--possibly a prayer--hoping that his tone would stop Xymorel short.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/16/2011 5:31 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xymorel flinches at Reuken's tone, and there's a brief flare around her right hand, a tiny sun in the dark hallway.  She squelches it with an effort.  Xyries' voice did register, and it was not the voice of a person being attacked.  Leon is a reassuring presence behind her left shoulder.

"What h-happened?" she asks.  She moves toward the two of them, reaching out a hand toward Xyries.  Then she stops.  What, after all, can she do?  A pat on the pauldron is not going to be useful here, and she is nowhere near strong enough to carry a woman in full heavy armor.  That is, assuming she could force herself to remain consciously in contact with another person for that long.  Xymorel is not sure that she can, not even for Xyries.  She withdraws her hand, then gnaws unconsciously at the knuckle as she waits for Reuken's answer.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/16/2011 5:52 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken does not reply at Xymorel's query. Instead, his amber gaze lingers on her for a moment, their depths conveying silent warning, before finally averting as he drags Xyries' limp form into the room and heaves one of her arms over his shoulders, grunting as he shifts his body weight to support hers. Ignoring the presence of Xymorel and Ormollien, the half-elf staggers off with his heavy load off to the guest bed, where he alters his stance to firmly, but not roughly, push Xyries off his own body and lower her onto a sitting position on the mattress.

Propping the cleric's head with his left elbow, the half-elf begins to work unbuckling her left pauldron. His movements are deft and practiced, and with a final tug, the article of armour clatters to the floor.

Without missing a beat, he begins unbuckling the other pauldron.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%