Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!
Intayazz 11/23/2013 8:39 AM
Yay!
Aluatris 11/22/2013 8:14 PM
Dearly beloved, Ready your dancing shoes...
Jaggie 11/20/2013 5:58 AM
I should be on DDO today around 7pm eastern if anyone would like to join me.
Lanaliathe 11/18/2013 11:49 AM
That would be nice... "I want these abilities..." *poof* Done!
zoltando 11/16/2013 3:51 AM
It works by magic *jazzhands*
Lanaliathe 11/15/2013 5:09 PM
I logged in a couple of weeks back, took one look at the new enhancement trees and logged back out... Haven't been back since! Can't be bothered to figure out how that works right now.
Nklos 11/12/2013 7:26 PM
Update 20. https://www.ddo.com/en/update-20-release-notes
Sunky 11/10/2013 5:05 AM
http://markofithian.com/pics/rawr.png Rawr!

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Exploratory Forces
SickleYield (Applicant) 5/17/2011 4:25 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xymorel carries a plate of toast over to the table in front of Leon, concentrating carefully on not dropping it.  She has the jar of honey tucked awkwardly under one arm.  There's a bit of awkward juggling, but she manages to get both onto the table unspilt and unbroken.

"There's butter, too," she says.  Across the room, Xyries is just stepping off the bottom step, walking with the exaggerated exactness that means she is angry.  She nods shortly to Leon and moves toward the kitchen.

On her way past she speaks very quietly to Xymorel, indicating a wish for privacy if not actually concealing anything from an elf and a half-elf:

"Are you all right, Xymorel?"

"Of c-course I am," Xymorel whispers back.  She lets out a breath she did not realize she was holding.  Xyries isn't angry at her, then.  She follows Xyries back into the kitchen and watches her pick up the mug on the far end, the one with the tiny chip out of the rim.  Xyries never lets anyone else use the chipped one.  Xymorel isn't sure why.  It's not as if she has company over very often.

"Thank you," Xyries says, appearing to unbend slightly.  She takes up the other two mugs and carries them to the table, sparing Xymorel the embarrassment of trying not to spill them.  Xymorel distributes the remaining toast somewhat unevenly - she knows Xyries and herself will only want one slice each - and carries in a plate for Reuken.  Xyries will want to fetch her own.  It is another point upon which she always insists.

Xymorel sits facing Leon.  She hates to sit with her back to the door, she is very sure Reuken will, too, and she knows Xyries won't mind.
TopBottom

Sunky (Member) 5/17/2011 4:57 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

Leon adds a small layer of honey and butter to his toast and eats it quietly. Finishing his tea and bread methodically, he finally stands. "Thanks for the hospitality... I should get going..." His eyes linger on Xymorel for a moment before he nods his head at Xyries. He sets his empty tea cup in the wash bin in the kitchen, then heads for the door.

TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/17/2011 5:00 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken inclines his head at Xymorel as he accepts the plate, still retaining his neutral expression. As everyone takes their seats, so does he, pulling a chair to sit facing towards the door as Xymorel had predicted, and right beside the human in question.

He places the plate on the table in front of him, then makes a gesture on his forehead and on his heart, as if saluting. He dips his head slightly and begins to murmur something in the droning tone of one uttering a prayer or mantra, his voice just shy of inaudible.

"Grant us life, so that we may serve you.
Grant us your cry, so others know the call of their fear.
Grant us your eyes, so that none may hide from us.
Grant us your mercy, so that we may shed blood in your name.
Grant us the final embrace when our flesh serves no more,

And by your will, may we be reborn anew."

The half-elf repeats the gesture on his forehead and heart, his eyes drifting briefly to the ceiling, before finally taking his mug and slowly pouring himself a cup of tea.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/17/2011 5:08 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

"B-be careful, Leon," Xymorel says.  "Come back and t-tell us when you're finished, all right?"  Both sisters stand as Leon prepares to leave, but he doesn't seem about to pause in his hurried departure.  Each sits back down as the door closes behind him.  Xymorel gnaws her lip, trying not to dwell on her dread. 

Xyries waits, one hand atop the other on the table, as Reuken repeats the quiet liturgy.  Xymorel stares down at her tea.  One curious glance is the only suggestion that she has noticed.

When he has finished pouring his tea, Xyries sets down her own mug.

"Reuken, to whom was that addressed?" she asks.  The morning's first fury and shame having departed, she now attempts to match his dedicated neutrality.  The scars on her right hand are barely visible, thin pink lines across the knuckles.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/17/2011 5:50 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken looks abruptly up at Xyries, as if not expecting the question at all. His eyes drift off to the side and a thoughtful look crosses his face even as he applies a little too much butter on a slice of toast.

"Does it offend you?" He replies, his voice as neutral as his expression. He looks at the buttered toast, grimaces, and takes a bite.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/17/2011 6:00 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

"Yesterday you saw me raise from the dead a probable worshipper of the Dark Six," Xyries says.  Her tone is cool, approaching mild.  "And if I wish to be offended with you, I have better cause than the exercise of beliefs different from my own."  Her expression softens minutely as she looks at Xymorel, who is currently picking at a piece of dry toast.  "I was merely curious."

Xymorel does not look up.  After a couple of fierce arguments when she first moved in with her sister, she has left off discussing religion in other than the most staid and practical terms.  Xymorel is not exactly agnostic.  She is fairly certain some sort of entity more powerful than the visible does exist.  She is simply convinced that if it does, it is probably not benign.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/17/2011 6:35 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken remains silent for a moment, a rueful smile on his face. He takes another bite of the toast, chewing slowly and thoughtfully before speaking again.

"I acknowledged the Black Wind. It has many names--perhaps you have heard of them, perhaps not--and there are those who will call it a deity." He speaks with deliberation, as if weighing each word. "But I do not consider it one. An unstoppable force, or perhaps something else as elemental, but no deity. To call the Black Wind a deity implies that it is able to think, and though its role is to embrace us all once our flesh lives no longer, it does so out of the order of what should be, not from any thinking on its part." He takes a sip of tea to clear his throat. "There are those who worship the Wind they serve--sometimes the reborn, and those who grant false rebirths"--his eyes drift towards Xymorel briefly, lingering on the visible scars--"but it favours them no more than the unbeliever or betrayer."

He finishes off the piece of toast, washing it down with tea, before spreading another piece with honey.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/17/2011 7:10 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xymorel does look up as Reuken speaks.  She does not interrupt, but her eyes seek Xyries' to her left.  When Reuken speaks of the flesh perishing, she mouths the word Dolurrh.

Xyries nods once, very slightly.  She is now in process of eating her toast, which she has cut neatly into strips with a butter knife. 

Xymorel picks up her mug, holding it carefully in both trembling hands.  She does not miss Reuken's glance at the layered scars of exsanguination.  What, she wonders, does he think of such a weak and fearful person as herself?  She cannot possibly be worthy of the rebirth of which he spoke with such reverence in the liturgy. 

That was not the reason why she resisted resurrection so strenuously the last time she died unbound, however.  At that point she was simply tired of coming back.  Perhaps she had seen Dolurrh too many times.  The place of fading lingers with those who return from its shades, and sometimes their malady is one no cleric can cure.

But Xymorel will survive, will persist, will return.  Will always return.  She promised.

"Th-this is why you say acknowledge, and not w-worship," she says.  "Because it is indifferent to you."
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/17/2011 9:06 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken nods. "Perhaps." He bites off small pieces of the toast. "The Black Wind may be indifferent, but no one doubts its jealousy...or relentlessness. When you embrace it and are reborn, a small piece of the Wind remains bound to you; a reminder that it is always there." His eyes bore into Xymorel. "The more you bear such rebirths, the more it lingers in you until even the flesh grows tired, and at that point we consider the final embrace a greater mercy."

He takes another bite of the toast, chewing thoughtfully. "I always wonder if time removes such marks of rebirth. Perhaps not." He shrugs slightly and rubs the back of his neck. "I have already borne my own long enough, and it feels no different from when I first earned them."

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/17/2011 10:09 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries sets down the napkin on which she is meticulously wiping her fingers as the half-elf speaks.  As he goes on she seems to grow more and more still, until she hardly breathes, but it is not Reuken she is watching.  It is her sister.

Xymorel does not look away from the piercing yellow eyes.  When Reuken says the word "mercy," her right eyelid shivers, a tic the half-elf has not yet seen.  For a moment something revolves deep behind the wide hazel eyes, something bright and hot.

"I have been healed," she says.  "By wands and by s-spells.  The ordinary scars eventually go away.  But a w-wound that k - k - " She seems almost to choke on the word.  "A f-fatal wound is always with me.  You're right about that."  She exhales softly, not quite a sigh, not quite a laugh.  "I know why I k-keep coming back.  Why did you?"
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%