Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
Second: Creatively - charged bard in the house. Y'all just watch out ;)
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
First: That was a beautiful tribute Vali. Thank you for sharing with us! :)
Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > A Necromancer's Farewell
Sunky (Member) 6/2/2011 3:01 AM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

Leon nodded quietly at Arachan's words. He was glad there was no long winded self eulogy. Leon's normal mumbling did not slip from his lips as his right hand quietly pulled the long arrow out of his quiver. It's silver head shone brightly in the sun, and it heavily emanated a strong holy aura. His left hand grasped his bow and pointing at the ground, he slowly and carefully notched the arrow into it's place, right hand pulling the string of his bow taught.

As he pulled back further, a small tinge of pain in his left forearm reminded him of his previous exploits with this bloody necro, and a small sight left his lips. He raised the bow, pointing it towards where Arachan's heart would be, then judging distance, angled the bow up just slightly. His hair ruffled just slightly in the breeze, his well trained hand quickly adjusting for the wind. Leon looked at the orbs that should be eyes, and sighed. He really didn't want it like this, it was supposed to be a fight, there was supposed to be the usual vain over confidence, the horror of oncoming mortality, but this was a warm embrace of one's death and it shook Leon to his core.

He pulled the string fully taught, the tinge in his left forearm grew to a small pain, but his aim stayed steady. His lips mumbled a few elven words as the arrow erupted into a bright golden flame.

Leon's lips separated to quietly say, "Goodbye."

The fingers holding back the string let go, and a golden streak raced towards Arachan's chest.

TopBottom

Archie (Member) 6/2/2011 11:45 AM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

        The arrow pierces where Arachan's heart would have been, had it still been there. It goes straight through his body, as if nothing were there. Arachan stands for a moment, then the flames in his eyes flicker, then go out. The lich dies, and crumbles to dust, leaving only a white robe, containing his remains, and a black staff.
        
        Anyone looking at the people on the wooden platform instead of Arachan as he died might have noticed a flash of white from Adrialae's direction, for she gave a brief smile as her grandfather was slain. An instant later, her impassive face resumes.

        Daisliv's head and shoulders droop, as if he can already feel the burdens his father carried on his shoulders. Starach bows his head, hoping that his father has at last found rest. Aeole, his human nature getting the best of him, kicks at the beam supporting the canopy in frustration, then walks down the stairs and into the woods. His two brothers watch after him, but allow him to go. Adrialae, as her brother Daisliv begins to speak, dissappears from view. 

        Daisliv, still stooped, begins to speak, but seems unable to. Starach, in a voice that is clear, and untinged with sorrow, announces, "Refreshments are served. Simply sit at the tables and food will appear. My father does-did not wish for any to bother his remains, but understood that some of you may have such customs as you felt required to honour. To this effect, he has given an hour and a half to either eat, or fulfil such customs as you feel you must, but magic will prevent you from going over the edge of the dais. Now, if you would excuse me, I must tend to my family." 

        Starach takes Daisliv by the shoulders and walks him off of the platform. They walk a little ways away, then Starach can be seen blessing Daisliv. The two talk for a moment, then walk back to the marble dais. Daisliv's shoulders are no longer stooped, and his voice is strong as he speaks with those who approach.
TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 6/2/2011 12:36 PM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xyries approaches the platform slowly and stops an arm's length away, standing to one side so that she might not interfere with any true mourner.  She looks for a while at the ashes and the robe.  She can no more detect the taint of evil now than she has ever been able to do where Arachan is concerned.  On this point he was consistent to the end.  At last she nods in respectful acknowledgment and turns and walks away, back toward the city of Stormreach.

Ondranar watches Arachan fall to dust, pale eyes unusually wide.  As Starach speaks there is a suspicious glitter of moisture in his eyes, but he shakes his head slightly and moves toward the platform himself.  He bows deeply toward Arachan's remains, his braid of red hair sliding forward over his shoulder.

"Kydia, Taraes Arachan," he says very quietly.  "I hope you will find rest there."

After he has paid his respects, Ondranar turns and walks toward Stormreach himself.  One hand sketches a gesture as he whispers, "Aeiloror."  The Aereni fades swiftly from view as he continues his progress onward.  With great relief he turns his mind to work.  He has finished what testing of the new spell he can perform on himself.  Some other subject will have to be found.

Thelydd looks at the ashes long enough to assure herself that they are real.  Then she pads over to the table and climbs into a seat.  She is curious whether anyone else will stay long enough to eat.  She did not know the old lich well, but she did like him, to the extent that Thelydd likes anyone.  She will offer him this one gesture of trust before she goes.  And besides, adds the quadrant of Thelydd's mind that she thinks of as the suspicious old bastard section, she has a proof-against-poison item.

Shurjra watches long enough to ensure that Starach has an eye to his brother.  Then she turns and moves swiftly and silently after Aeole.  She does not yet know whether Arachan's children will honor his promises to her, but she has decided - not sworn, for oaths mean very little to Shurjra - that she will serve his house for as long as she is able.  At no point will she show any outward sign of grief.  She has never lived in a place where that would be anything but a display of fatal weakness, and besides, there is immediate work to do.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 6/2/2011 4:19 PM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken hears Xyries' footsteps receding towards Stormreach, but this time he does not follow. Instead, he stands in front of the dais where the necromancer once stood, his expression dead flat.

"It would have been an honour for our fangs to clash, but we are not the judges of our time." His voice is a monotone, his words unwavering. Slowly, he draws one of his blades, studying the way the light plays off the hooked steel, before resting it on the foot of the dais, as close as possible, and drops to one knee. "May the Black Wind forgive your infidelity and embrace you as another." His expression hardens. "And by its will, may you be reborn."

With a grunt, he straightens himself and turns to follow Xyries back to Stormreach, leaving the blade behind. Crafting another to replace it will not be a quick or simple task, as they are more than mere weapons, but to him, such an inconvenience is worth honouring a worthy opponent.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 6/2/2011 7:18 PM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

XY:

Shurjra moves swiftly and silently after Aeole.  She sheds her robe as she enters the trees, that it might not impair movement.  She wears adamantine chain, the links padded underneath so that they do not give away her position.

It is possible that he simply seeks a private place to grieve.  If so, she will not interfere by making her presence known.  It is a thing she does not understand, but it is impossible for her to disapprove of one of Arachan's children on such a score.

SLAWLER:

After using Dimension Door to get safely from the platform to the woods, Adrialae leans forward until she touches the ground, her form rippling around her as she does. By the time she reaches the ground, she is a wolf. She smells for Aeole's trail, then speeds after him. She finally sees him, sitting against a tree. He is not crying, but it appears that he might have been. "Weakling," she thinks, as she prepares to leap at him.

XY:

Shurjra creeps after the sound of footsteps, moving from shadow to shadow.  She listens to the thump and rustle of Aeole seating himself.  There are other, more muffled sounds to which she chooses not to listen closely.  She has heard a person weeping before, but the association is one she normally chooses not to recall.  Instead, she  takes up station in the lower branches of a great tree and waits there, keeping watch.

She hears the wolf before she sees it.  The sound of steps is not loud, but it is also distinctly quadrupedal.  Shurjra flicks her wrists, causing a shuriken to drop into each hand.  They are of ordinary steel.  She has no reason to expect anything other than an animal.

She sees the creature as a shadow among other shadows, its outline distinct to eyes accustomed to the darkness.  Shurjra throws both stars with one economical movement, aiming for the wolf's eyes.  At the same time she hisses in the Common tongue,
"'Ware the beast, son of Arachan!"

SLAWLER:

Warned by the hiss in the tree, Adrialae turns her head at the last moment, both of the shuriken lodging in one side of her face. She ignores these, and one standing close enough might see the wounds healing closed around the shuriken. She leaps for Aeole, who has jumped to his feet, and is reaching for where his khopesh is-or would be if he hadn't taken it off to make sitting more comfortable. He curses and dives for it, but Adrialae tackles him, her claws piercing his skin, as he had seen no reason to wear his plate to a funeral. She howls, and answering howls can be heard from a short distance away. Aeole raises his arms to protect his head, but Adrialae flicks a claw at each of his elbows, and his arms collapse.

XY:

Shurjra swears in Umbragen as she realizes the shuriken have failed.  She can see the wolf's face regenerating, something an ordinary animal cannot do.  Only one creature can take on such a semblance and still heal so quickly.

Now that a cruel master and a limited budget no longer constrain her, Shurjra has a tool for every occasion.  She reaches for the silver shortsword in the back of her left boot.  Then she leaps from the tree, slashing for the creature's head and neck.

SLAWLER:

Adrialae whirls at the sound of the rogue leaving the tree, just in time to get a face full of silver shortsword. The sword leaves what appears to be a deep and painful cut, but Adrialae merely snarls at the rogue, and that wound begins to heal as well, though it takes longer, this wound being considerably worse than the first two. Adrialae bares her fangs in what could be a grin as she sees six more wolves aproaching. She howls again, and the pack of wolves splits, so that each is advancing on the rogue from a different direction.

XY:

Shurjra lands easily and shifts back to stand over the fallen Aeole, her back to the tree.  She laughs, baring white teeth in her dark face, as she watches the wolves approach.  Another flick of the wrist and she holds two more throwing stars in her left hand as her right retains the shortsword.  She throws them, aiming for the first two animals on her right, and completes the movement by drawing a wand from her belt.  An enormous fireball roars toward the vampire as she extends the length of wood.

SLAWLER:

One of the stars lodges itself in the shoulder of one of the first wolf, but it limps forward, commanded by a will greater than its own. The other star hits the second in between its eyes, penetrating a little further than one might expect, and the wolf walks only a few more steps before dropping dead. Adrialae leaps as the fireball explodes, but it still catches her right side, burning off most of the fur and raising blisters along her flank. The she makes a noise might  be a chuckle, and thinks, "The fool child probably thought it would stop me from healing, as if I were some mere troll." The blisters begin to recede, but the fur does not grow back. She growls, commanding the wolves to change tactics. Adrialae leaps at the rogue, and two of the wolves advance toward's her flanks. The other two, including the limping one, try to make their way around Shurjra for Aeole, who is bleeding from his chest and arms, and appears barely conscious.

XY:

Shurjra drops immediately to one knee, the blade in her right hand sweeping upward to try and pierce the vampire's heart.  Her left arm crosses under the right as she throws a second fireball, this one toward the wolves attempting to reach Aeole.  Both movements occupy a fraction of a second.

SLAWLER:

The blade enters Adrialae's chest, but deflect's off of a rib, tearing a gash instead of piercing her heart. She growls in pain, the blade does not stop her leap. The limping wolf is unable to dodge the ball of fire, and perishes in the flames. The other gets out of the way, then jumps onto Aeole, tearing his throat from his body. Upon seeing this, Adrialae turns into a bat, before hitting Shurjra, and veers back. She flies up into a tree, and, hidden by the foliage, resumes her normal appearance. She pulls a wand and a black gem from her robes, then points the wand at Aeole's corpse, casting Soul Bind.  Having accomplished her task, she pockets the gem, then turns back into a bat and flies away, leaving the wolves to do as they will with the rogue and the body of her uncle, not really caring what happens to either.    

The two wolves that were attacking Shurjra pause at the departure of their leader. The one that killed Aeole begins to drag off his corpse.

XY:

Shurjra whirls at the awful wet sound of Aeole's throat being torn by the wolf's fangs.  It is too late.  She has failed.  She turns to fling a final shuriken after the bat, but it is too late for that as well.  The star whirls off into the foliage and finally comes to rest embedded in a tree limb.

The rogue drops her wand and draws a dagger from her belt.  She takes two quick steps, utterly silent on the forest floor, and the wolf dragging Aeole falls with a hole in its eye.  The remaining three stand among the trees, apparently hesitating whether to attack or flee.

The drow stands over the corpse of the man, blades in her hands.  She bares her teeth.  The snarl on her lips is neither human nor elf.  Wolves are intelligent for animals, and though they know they are three and she is one, they have also seen their fellows fall.  The terrible will of the vampire has departed, leaving them disturbed and confused.  At last they retreat back into the forest's lengthening shadows.

Shurjra throws back her head and shrieks at the top of her voice:

"DAISLIV!"


Whoever answers will find her there yet.  She stands with head bowed over the broken body of Aeole, her bloodied weapons in her hands; and around them lie the bodies of three wolves.
TopBottom

Intayazz (Officer) 6/2/2011 7:23 PM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
GP User: Martdon


Martdon
Posts: 246
0
Like
0
Dislike

Intayazz notices Smudge coming towards him. He lowers a hand, resting it on her back, as she approaches. Wordlessly, they turn and watch the proceedings.

After it was done, Intayazz looks down and gives a slight motion with his head, toward the exit. With a small nod, Smudge turns, and the two leave.
_

Watching Ondranar disappears, Annie turns to leave. She hesitates for a moment, and approaches Arachan's remains. Often she had laid to rest, the undead. And each time, she would pray over them, in hopes they find peace. She did not feel the need to do so, this time. He did not appear troubled in the least. She smiles slightly, from under her hood. Perhaps she had been wrong about him? It did not matter now, with him gone. She had no desire for the refreshments either. She turns, and quietly leaves.
**********************************************************
MSN: Intayazz@live.com
Yahoo: Intayazz@yahoo.com
Characters: Intayazz Blinten
TopBottom

Archie (Member) 6/2/2011 7:38 PM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

        Clouds have appeared around the fortress by the time Shurjra's scream is heard. Daisliv looks to his brother. In response to the glance, he says, "I'll go get my armor. Wait for me," then he runs to the keep, opening the gates and dissapearing inside. A few minutes later, Adrialae reappears, seemingly growing out of the ground next to Daisliv. "What is going on?" she says, "I heard a scream." Daisliv nods slightly. "Bring me your grandfather's staff. I may have need of it." Adrialae glares at her uncle for a moment, and her eyes flash red, then she turns and walks over to the dais, crossing over it without trouble. She picks up the ebony staff, turning it in her hands. "Not yet. Not here," she thinks, then walks it over to Daisliv and profers it to him. Daisliv takes a cloth from within his robes, and carefully takes the staff from Adrialae without touching it. He holds it gingerly as he waits. Starach, clad in full plate armor, charges out of the gates. He is followed by two iron golems, which take a place on either side of the dais as he walks over to his brother and niece. The three nod to each other, then run off into the woods.
        
        Upon finding Shurjra and Aeole's body, Adrialae turns her head, Starach rushes over to Aeole and begins praying, and Daisliv leans on the still-covered staff. "What happened, Shurjra?" His voice is not impatient or harsh, but tired, as one who has been dealt more emotional strain than they can handle.
TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 6/2/2011 10:34 PM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Shurjra lifts her head at the question, then shakes herself.  She kneels to dig out a handful of moss with which to clean her blades as she answers.

"It was a vampire in wolf form.  It commanded six of these."  She gestures minimally at the dead animals.  "It fled after one of them killed him."

She does not protest that she tried to save Aeole, or that she could not know when the beast first attacked that it was an undead.  Making excuses for herself would imply a fear of punishment.  And though Shurjra is sick with grieving fury for this man whom she hardly knew, she is not afraid.  There is nothing Arachan's surviving children can do to her that will not be deserved.

Shurjra sheathes her weapons with swift, practiced movements. Then she stands up, steps back from Starach and the body, and waits.
TopBottom

Archie (Member) 6/2/2011 11:16 PM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
GP User: Slawler
Arachani

Slawler
Posts: 223
0
Like
0
Dislike

((looks like we might as well have kept pming, xy. I had kind of expected someone to go with them, but I guess everyone left)

        Daisliv nods at Shurjra's explanation. "I am glad that you survived, then. It would have been a much longer time until we found the two of you if you had not. After Aeole is ressurected, we will dismiss the guests, take my father to his resting place, then check his records for vampires with a grudge against the family. I believe everyone metioned in my father's will left already, so there wil be no need to worry about that. We will get their bequests to them later." Starach walks over, a grim look on his face. "He cannot be ressurected. His soul has been trapped." His voice lowers to a whisper, and he speaks in Draconic, "It could have been her." Daisliv replies in common, "No. We will not sunder the family with mistrusts." Starach bows, yielding to the wishes of his older, but seemingly naive brother. Daisliv points at the body, and a shroud covers it. At another gesture, it rises into the air. "Come. We will lay him with our father until he can be returned to us." Daisliv begins the walk back to the castle, Aeole's body floating behind him. Starach gestures for the two women to go first. Adrialae follows Daisliv, walking slowly, her head bowed as if in sorrow.
TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 6/3/2011 12:02 AM EST : RE: A Necromancer's Farewell
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Shurjra nods acquiescence as Daisliv speaks.  It is an entirely practical reason for her survival to be considered positive, and she approves of that.  Banked fires burn anew at the news that Aeole cannot be brought back.  She does not understand Starach's statement in Draconic, but she looks very sharply at Daisliv when he responds in the Common tongue.

She is used to being asked to walk in front of Starach now.  She does not understand Adrialae's silence, but then, perhaps she too has another way of grieving.  Shurjra walks quietly behind Daisliv and the body, waiting for the opportunity to further serve.

Starach falls in behind the two women and follows them back toward the Keep.
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%