Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!
Intayazz 11/23/2013 8:39 AM
Yay!
Aluatris 11/22/2013 8:14 PM
Dearly beloved, Ready your dancing shoes...
Jaggie 11/20/2013 5:58 AM
I should be on DDO today around 7pm eastern if anyone would like to join me.

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > A Matter of Protection
Faerwyn (Applicant) 8/14/2007 9:30 AM EST : RE: Deception pt2
Faerwyn
Posts: 39
0
Like
0
Dislike

The limp body of Nalwyn slumped off the blades of the warforged.  As her visage slackened, it melted away slowly.  It was not the face and body of a drow that lay broken at the warforged's feet, but that of a shifter woman, with black hair.

((Shiney take over from here with your response and the results of the scrying please))
TopBottom

ShiningEagle (Member) 8/14/2007 12:20 PM EST : Realization and Retribution

Shiningeagle (Thelanis)


ShiningEagle
Posts: 159
0
Like
0
Dislike

Darius watched the melting fasade that masked the shifter's face.  He noticed the fluid features and carefully observed as they revealed the striking feartures of the shifter woman now in front of him.  Darius stood agape at the mouth, and for several moments spoke not a word.

He could feel the rage building in his body.  The sense of betrayal and injustice that this deal brokered was unacceptable.  From the bowels of his being, he could sense a flame of rage burning that rivaled those of the forge flames he used to work long ago in his youth.

In one single gutteral primal howl, Darius released his rage, elemental flames engulfing his body.  He stood, looking over the shifter's body.  Not aware of the flames that roiled on his body, he looked with a single purpose at the fallen shifter.

His rage boiled over, and another explosion of flame greeted it.  All in the tavern heard his oath ring from the walls of the Phoenix:  "By the Flames of Onatar's Forge, Nalwyn, I will recover and protect you, and lay waste to those that did this!"  Unknown to himself, a series of silvery curves began to form on his face, the birth of a heritage unknown to himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Darius, That is a serious vow to be making."  Darius heard the echoes of a deep dwarven voice in his mind.  "Are you willing to give up the rest and life of my halls for this Drow?  We know what happened the last time you cared for another outside the dwarven race."

Darius had no idea his rage could grow, but the flames gained even more fuel by these words.  "Why do you think you can lecture me?  Where were you when the fallen of your bretheren struck at me?  Where was your Host when my body was to become nothing but a puppet for his wishes?  There was only one that stood with me, and his tribemate now freezes in a prision of body and mind.  I will give whatever I have to regain her freedom and protect her from that abomination of a living being that holds her."

The voice simply chuckled in response.  "Well spoken, Darius Hammerhand d'Kundarak.  Perhaps you were not a waste after all.  You know what you must do.  Take up your heritage.  Become the Lord that you were meant to be.  Do not hide in the shadows any longer.  And go with my blessing, my son."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Scry again,"  Tyr suggested.

Darius shook his head for a moment.  The last few moments seemed to be lost to him, and he could not remember what was happeneing.  "Do what?"

"Scry again,"  she repeated.  "Perhaps you can gain clues that you did not have before."

Darius began to order the many reasons why this would not work, after the results of the first time.  However, one by one they fell away, his oath and bond to this task bringing the rememberance that he will take any action required.

Darius simply nodded.  "Scry again.  I will, but I need someplace better than this."  He looked upstairs, and the proceded to take up his usual seat.  Hopefully this time, he would have better luck.
--------------------------------------------------

Characters: ShiningEagle StrongBrow
TopBottom

ShiningEagle (Member) 8/15/2007 10:28 AM EST : Sight Beyond Sight

Shiningeagle (Thelanis)


ShiningEagle
Posts: 159
0
Like
0
Dislike

Cold.  Endless cold.  The depth of the cold could only be rivaled by one thought, he could not feel it anymore.  Such a feeling was odd, one that could not be experienced by normal means.

As the casting began, the normally mythril silvery irises of Darius's eyes blurred until his eyes were white, then glowing blue, then darkened to a navy hue.  His eyes showed him the vision that he focused on so intently, and he gathered his focus to maintain the vision.  Even now, the cold feeling seemed to pervade the area near the balcony in the Phoenix.

Vision seemed blurry.  The view was as if looking through something that obscured vision.  He knew that Nalwyn was present in this place, but he could not pinpoint where 'this' is.  As he began to think over the sight, he noticed he struggled to breathe.  Something told him this was the same effects that had befallen Nalwyn, however as he strained to hear, the sounds were muffled, muted even.

Darius fought back the constraints of the scrying, until he could maintain it without the side effects.  He tried to gather all the information that he could, but he would need to consult with the others.  For now, he had to forulate a plan.  He had been swindled, the contract that was made seemed to have been broken.  Now came a time for more direct methods.  But in order to take the needed steps, he would need to gather the others.  He hoped that when the time came, that the Fellowship would answer the call.
--------------------------------------------------

Characters: ShiningEagle StrongBrow
TopBottom

Praut Ektor (Officer) 8/20/2007 3:45 AM EST : RE: Sight Beyond Sight

Officer
Praut (Thelanis)

Praut Ektor
Posts: 841
0
Like
0
Dislike

((Posted as Versatillas...  I don't rightly know how to change it so I can appear to post as different characters just now)).


Versatillas:  "Shining, I have an idea, but I may lack the sufficient knowledge to pull it off...

I may need you for the Divination either to help me with the information that I need or to be able to cast it yourself.  I'm hoping that this will help give us a direction to scout  for Nalwyn.  We need a direction."
________________________________________________

Thelanis --

Praut Ektor - Dwarven Defender - FTR 16
        Officer of the Fellowship of the Golden Night, Knight of Khorvaire.
TopBottom

ShiningEagle (Member) 8/20/2007 11:27 AM EST : RE: Sight Beyond Sight

Shiningeagle (Thelanis)


ShiningEagle
Posts: 159
0
Like
0
Dislike

Nodding to Versatillas, Darius acknowledged him.

"I wil do whatever in my power.  Whatever information that you require, whatever help that you need for this to work, you will have."

Thinking back to his conversation with Points, he tried to go over in his mind where Nalwyn would supposedly be held captive.  The thought that her prison might be a place near or composed of water seemed to fit, but how to scout out places that might fit the description.  With a small amount of checking in the area of Ataraxia's Resort, there was more footwork to be done, for sure.

One thing was for certain, there was still much more to be done, and everyone's help would be needed to accomplish the task at hand.

There was none to small or great for this task, all of those Nalwyn would hold dear may be called on to assist her recovery.
--------------------------------------------------

Characters: ShiningEagle StrongBrow
TopBottom

Praut Ektor (Officer) 8/21/2007 1:42 AM EST : RE: Sight Beyond Sight

Officer
Praut (Thelanis)

Praut Ektor
Posts: 841
0
Like
0
Dislike

"Alright Shining," Versatillas started, "if everything that I've heard is true, then I don't know that something this minor would really work, but with your power I'm sure it can't hurt to try."

He continues smugly, "I was thumbing through my spell book the other day, seeing what we could possibly use to help in this situation that didn't involve us going back to that place unless we knew what we were getting into, when I discovered a little respected divination:

Locate Creature.

AHA!

Why not?  I often overlook the silly thing because anyone that I need to find I always know where they are.  Besides, all it gives us is a direction anyways, but...  In a scouting operation giving us as much as a directioin will be a huge boon.

I don't want to insult your massive cranium by suggesting that I perform it, honestly, I didn't know Nalwyn long enough to even know that she was missing, which is where you really come in, but enough of that...

I make the suggestion, you may need to cast it, but for the time being consider myself as your personal assistant.  I am here but to serve."

He says the last part with a cunning grin.
________________________________________________

Thelanis --

Praut Ektor - Dwarven Defender - FTR 16
        Officer of the Fellowship of the Golden Night, Knight of Khorvaire.
TopBottom

Praut Ektor (Officer) 8/28/2007 9:31 AM EST : RE: Sight Beyond Sight

Officer
Praut (Thelanis)

Praut Ektor
Posts: 841
0
Like
0
Dislike

((I didn't entirely get to finish the chat last night to find out all of what's going on and the like, so if this has been covered already, let me know))

Versatillas seeks out Shining the next time he sees him in the guild hall in order to attempt to hold this conversation:

"Shining...  I have a question for you...  What are we going to do about "HIM"?

I mean, Nalwyn escaped, with the help of Phae (who creeps me out, did you see the thing with the water...?) anyways, HE obviously isn't going to just sit back and relax now that SHE has escaped is HE?

I mean, we don't even know who HE is, and if we're going to be protecting her or having anything to do with her safety, should we get some guards set up or something?  Put up a watch?  Let the officers know?

I'm assuming Zoltando would be best kept at a distance, but I don't think that he would be all that much harm if he were escorted by you or I, he may even be helpful.

We don't want a repeat of what happened with Nalwyn, and if HE really has some higher level mages working with HIM then maybe this isn't over...?"
________________________________________________

Thelanis --

Praut Ektor - Dwarven Defender - FTR 16
        Officer of the Fellowship of the Golden Night, Knight of Khorvaire.
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%