Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!
Intayazz 11/23/2013 8:39 AM
Yay!
Aluatris 11/22/2013 8:14 PM
Dearly beloved, Ready your dancing shoes...
Jaggie 11/20/2013 5:58 AM
I should be on DDO today around 7pm eastern if anyone would like to join me.

Forums : Official Open ROLE-PLAY Forum > Exploratory Forces
Sunky (Member) 5/17/2011 12:23 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

The long hours of the night slowly passed as Leon continued his tedious project. As the first rays of light cracked through the room's shuttered windows, Leon slowly rose to his feet, his quiver full of arrows slung over his back.

Leon sighed and stretched, turning his head to the extreme right and left, then up and down, to a symphony of pops and cracks from his neck. Satisfied with the stretching, he opened up the door and made his way downstairs to find Xymorel in the kitchen, boiling a kettle for tea.

Leon nodded quietly at the sorceress, settling down into a chair in front of the meager kitchen.

TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/17/2011 12:46 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken watches Xymorel until she is out of sight, then sags heavily against the wall beside the door with a resigned sigh. Indeed, it would have done him better to follow the human and get some proper shut-eye, but...he grimaces, and shakes his head.

He will wait. He will remain here and watch. Sleep will not overcome him...


Ash parts under his feet as he makes his way through the blasted wasteland, blades in his hands. There is a certain inevitability to his gait, as if he were a condemned criminal climbing the thirteen steps, and this inevitability kept him going long after his courage, his strength, his will, burned to drift away like the ashes floating around him. He knows what awaits him, the figure standing on the hill far ahead. The messenger.

The marut watches him, the depths within its ornate helmet revealing nothing, and he is not surprised; those who serve the Black Wind must carry on its characteristics, after all. But he is not a windwalker, denying the final embrace until the day they provoke a messenger. A marut to be here for him, of all things...

He stops before the messenger. It seems so much taller than him, a mere speck no more than the ashes coating his own boots, and just as easily crushed. It looks down at him, as if expecting something.

"Is this where I will hear your cry, messenger?" He asks.

The marut says nothing.


At the sound of footsteps, Reuken's eyes flick open, and his hands are on the hilts of his weapons almost before his mind manages to register Ormollien leaving his room and making his way downstairs. It takes some effort for the half-elf to extricate his hands and shove himself off the wall where he was leaning against, helped in part due to shifting his feet around and massaging several choice muscles. Sleeping standing up allowed some semblance of readiness upon waking, but it isn't an experience he cared to repeat.

Covering his mouth to stifle a yawn, he rubs one of his eyes, then the other, and resumes waiting.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/17/2011 1:26 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

Xymorel spends as good a night as she generally does, thumbing through Xyries' books and pacing around the downstairs.  She can only just sense the divine wards around the house, a tingling presence at the very edge of perception, and that is a little reassuring.  A couple of hours before sunrise she rolls up the spare mattress and shoves it back under the stairs.

Every so often she goes and looks up the stairs, but Reuken still seems to be on his feet, whether or not he is actually awake.

Morning finally does arrive, the sunrise streaming orange rays in through the front window.  Xymorel is standing in the kitchen, staring at the kettle, when she hears a footstep.  She looks up to see Leon settling into one of the living room chairs.

"G-good morning," she says.  "Do you want tea?" She gestures at the four mugs lined up on the counter.

Xyries is awakened by a sound in the hallway outside, an unfamiliar click of metal on metal.  She sits up, looking around in complete disorientation.  She is in the guest bed with all her linens on, and pieces of her armor are piled haphazardly on the floor, where she would never think to leave them -

Memory returns.  Xyries rises with alacrity, feeling bizarrely weightless as she always does without her armor, and opens the door.  Reuken stands in the hallway beside the portal.  He looks, if anything, more haggard than the previous night.

Xyries retracts her head without another word, gathers up her armor, and carries it out and past him toward the convenience.  She does not feel up to conversing with the half-elf without her armor on.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/17/2011 2:02 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken watches Xyries as she leaves the room, armour in hand, only breaking his gaze once she is inside the convenience and out of sight.

He shakes one leg, then the other, before slowly making his way to the top of the staircase. He cranes his head to peer at the level below, but makes no move to go down.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

Sunky (Member) 5/17/2011 2:51 AM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

Leon nods quietly at Xymorel's offer of tea, he mumbles quietly "some toast and honey would be good if you got any."

Leon takes one of the mugs of tea, sipping it quietly as he his elven ears pick up Reuken looking down from the balcony above. Leon only glances up at him idly, but does not pay him any extra heed.

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/17/2011 12:11 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

"T-toast. Hm.  Yes, I think I can m-manage that," Xymorel says.  She pulls the toasting rack down out of a cupboard and fits it over the back half of the stove, then turns the everburners on.  She plucks the breadbox open and extracts a sizable loaf of brown bread, then a cutting board from another cupboard.

Then she turns to look for a long moment at the knife drawer.  She always leaves this part to Xyries, whose hands are never, never unsteady.  On her own she doesn't eat anything that requires cutting.  Xymorel looks down at her hands, then up at Leon.

"Er... I d-don't suppose you'd be willing to slice bread for me?  I'd like to m-make enough for everyone."

Upstairs, Xyries is quickly combing her dampened hair, staring with cold fury at the tall, thin woman in the mirror.  To have fallen asleep at such a moment - !  To have left Xymorel facing Reuken!

But Leon was there. Her memory is not completely clear,but she is certain of the saturnine presence hovering behind her sister's shoulder.  Xyries puts the comb away.  Her short, dark hair is now neatly parted in the middle.  He would not have allowed harm to come to Xymorel.  On this point he is completely consistent, whether inebriated or sober.  What he did to Ondranar Palerose did not change that, and you will not pretend that it has.

Xyries has a terrible feeling that she knows who took her armor off last night.  It cannot have been Xymorel.  She knows her sister well enough to know that she would shield Leon from any unnecessary task in the state he was in yesterday evening.  (It says something about Xyries that she thinks of dealing with her own collapsed, inert body as an unnecessary task.)  That leaves Reuken Kjersti.

Xyries shudders with fastidious distaste, just once.  Then she begins to put her armor back on, buffing each piece as best she can with the cloth pad she keeps in the bathroom for that purpose.  She has no right to be angry with anyone else.  Her own weakness is entirely the cause of her present situation.  She can very nearly hear her departed aunt's voice telling her so.

She emerges from the smallest room armored, groomed, and outwardly composed.  Only the straight scars across her right knuckles, flaring red under the hallway everbrights, suggest any agitation.

Xyries stops in front of Reuken Kjersti.  Her posture is ramrod straight.  Flat dark eyes take in the half-elf's appearance again, dwelling on clinical details.  She would very much like for him to have failed in some aspect of the vow he has taken, but it is obvious that he has not.

She would equally like to allow him to continue to worsen, to experience what she has, but that would be cruel.  Xyries is very deliberately never cruel.

She raises a hand toward Reuken's scratched and dented chest armor.  Golden light builds around her fingers, and a shape like a flame begins to rise up around Reuken as well.

"Olladra greatly restore thee."
TopBottom

Sunky (Member) 5/17/2011 3:10 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
GP User: okram
Sunky
okram
Posts: 292
0
Like
0
Dislike

Leon nods quetly at the request from Xymorel. He quietly takes the bread and knife, a steady hand quickly slicing the bread into thick, even slices. Leon sips the tea quietly after he had finished, and was quite surprised it tasted so good, definetly worth considering replacing his usual fare of juice and water. Sliding the sliced bread and knife forward to Xymorel across the counter, Leon returns to quietly, patiently waiting for the simple breakfast.

TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/17/2011 3:25 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

Reuken grimaces and shudders as the golden flame of Xyries' spell rises from his feet to envelop him like a cocoon, a sensation cool and yet at the same time warm, with some slight tingling around the periphery of his awareness. As the spell takes effect, he could feel his fatigue falling away like a lizard's old skin, drawing new vitality into tired muscles and lightening the severity of the lines and scars on his face.

The last of the restorative flame dissipates into thin air, and the half-elf clamps a hand to the back of his neck, wincing slightly as he cricks his head from side to side before straightening his posture and looking full-on at the cleric, clear amber eyes probing the dark depths of Xyries' own. Still watching her, he gives a slow nod, the gesture so deliberate it is almost a bow.

"Are you well?" His voice is neutral, almost mild.

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom

SickleYield (Applicant) 5/17/2011 3:44 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SickleYield
Posts: 384
0
Like
0
Dislike

"Th-thank you, Leon."

Xymorel cheerfully sets about lining up slices of bread on the toast rack.  Then she collects butter from the small cold box on the countertop and honey from a cupboard, keeping an eye on the waves of heat rising from the stove top.  She can hear movement from the staircase.  Presumably Xyries is up and moving about now.  Xymorel feels a pang of guilt for her inability to be of more help last night, but Xymorel has many causes for guilt.  Probably her sister will forgive her.  Xyries always seems to.

---

A muscle twitches in Xyries' temple at the question.  She does not answer through gritted teeth, but the words are a little more forceful than their content warrants.

"I am fine, thank you," she says.  And oh, it's like chewing nails to say what follows, but to be less than strictly fair would require her to be someone other than Xyries Chorster.  "I gather that you have been inconvenienced on my account.  I will attempt to insure that it does not occur again."

She does not ask how Reuken is.  One, she does not want to speak to him any more than necessary, and two, she probably knows the answer better than he does.  Xyries turns toward the staircase without waiting for a response, every movement mechanically precise.  The odor of bread toasting wafts up from downstairs, and she can see Leon sitting in a chair with a steaming mug.  Xymorel must already be busy in the kitchen.
TopBottom

SaneDitto (Member) 5/17/2011 3:56 PM EST : RE: Exploratory Forces
SaneDitto
Posts: 131
0
Like
0
Dislike

If Xyries had lingered her gaze on Reuken a moment longer, she would have caught the lifted eyebrow and amused smile on his face. As it is, he waits for her to descend some distance down the staircase before following himself, pacing his steps carefully.

Now that he is not exhausted and it is morning, the house seems to take upon a new light, so to speak. Welcoming, homely, yet humble at the same time; it made for a rather jarring contrast between remembered experiences of squalid hovels and nauseatingly ornate mansions, with a dagger behind every smile.

Shaking his head slightly, he resumes following the cleric, schooling his face into some semblance of neutrality. The scent of toasting bread catches his nose, and a sudden ache in his gastric region reminds him on how long since he had eaten properly. 

It takes some effort for him to curb the hunger, but he manages it; it would do no good to appear like an untrained imbecile in the presence of food, especially in front of Xyries. 

"You can try to fight evil while remaining good. You'll fail, because you can't. You turn evil to kill evil, so the good don't have to suffer."

TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%