We're pleased to present you with a new calendar front-end and new custom event categories! Here's what the new calendar offers:
- Ability to switch between Month, weekly agenda, and daily agenda views.
- In month view, ability for events admins to drag and drop events to a different day.
- In weekly and daily agenda views, the ability for events admins to move events to a different day, as well as change the start and end times by dragging to an earlier time slow (to affect the start time) or resizing by using the drag handle under the event to modify the duration of the event.
- Lots of options! Highly customizable for non-technical admins via the new Display Options link (click the Edit button under your calendar, it'll appear along the top).
- Many new CSS classes that give even more control over the appearance of the calendar to the more design-oriented, technical types.
In addition to the new front-end, you now have the ability to define custom event categories. Click on the Edit button under your calendar and then click the Event Categories link along the top. Once you have one or more categories set up, you can assign them to events when you're adding/editing them. For each category, you can define the following:
- The name of the category (appears in the drop-down list when assigning it to events).
- The background color of the event when rendered in the calendar.
- The foreground (text) color of the event when rendered in the calendar.
- The border color of the event when rendered in the calendar.
- An optional URL to an icon that will be displayed after the time of the event and before the title of the event (keep in mind this icon will be squeezed down a bit, if necessary, for the calendar to appear correctly).
Custom Event/Raid areas are going live with tonight's code push. Custom Areas provide a way for you to more precisely specify the location of raids/events using your own, events-admin provided info. You can set the title, a description, a URL to a map, and a URL to a screen shot for each location.
When adding or editing events, you will see a new drop-down under the current selector for game areas that will contain your custom ones. Any selection of a custom location will override any selection of a system-provided one. When adding a new area, if it's a game area you believe GP should include in the standard list, please check the "Share newly-added game areas" checkbox in your custom areas editor.
To get starting with this new feature, click the Edit button under your calendar and then click "Custom Areas."