Frequently Asked Questions about GuildPortal Hosting
1. Login to paypal under the “merchant account“ you set up to accept payments. I'm not sure if this can be done without one...
2. Go to the “Merchant Tools“ tab.
3. Click “Buy Now Buttons,“ tucked away in the first paragraph that has the title “Use PayPal on your website!“
4. Enter the details in the form. For item name/service, use something like “Site Donation,“ and give any number for the item id/number. Have whatever price you like, select the currency...
5. Select the “Buy Now“ button or provide one of your own.
6. Under Security Settings, click “No“ to encrypt the payment button. Normally, it'd be a very bad idea to do this, but since you're accepting donations from your members and not actually charging for a service, it shouldn't be a big deal.
7. Click “Create Button Now“ to complete the form.
8. Two text boxes with code in them will appear. The code you want to grab is the code in the “Link for Emails“ text box. It contains everything necessary to send the user to PayPal to donate to you.
Once you have the "Link for E-Mails" HTML code, you need to add it to your GuildPortal pages somewhere. Usually, people add it by editing their Welcome Message or by creating a new instance of "Freeform Text/HTML" content to one of their guild pages. You can do that by clicking the Control Panel link, clicking on Site Pages, picking a page, and then clicking "Add Content." Select FreeForm Text/HTML, and then paste the link code in there.
Getting Your paypal Info
The gnomes are saving your changes...